Chapter 8

Author's POV

Nida tosses her phone onto the bed beside her, her body still sprawled across the sheets. A slight smile graces her lips as she reminisces about the day she first visited Zahra's house to apply mehendi on her hand. The reason for her smile is crystal clear. She presses her lips together, stifling the smile. "What are you thinking, Nida!"

"You're obviously thinking of me," a familiar voice chimes in, growing clearer as it reaches Nida's ears. She turns her gaze towards the door of her room. It's Habiba, her best friend, also Zahra's cousin.

"Yes, you're the only one on my mind," Nida replies, rising from the bed with a dramatic expression. Habiba playfully blows her a kiss before plopping down onto the bed. "Get ready and pack your bags quickly."

"Where are we going this time?" Nida asks, crossing her arms over her chest. "Singapore!" Habiba shouts happily, jumping off her bed with her arms stretched out on both sides. "My husband has gone on a business trip for so many days now. I miss him. So I gotta meet him. Plus, I want to surprise him."

Nida shakes her head, chuckling slightly. "You miss your husband every minute. Anyway, go by yourself. I'm not joining you."

In response, Habiba throws her best friend a sharp look, pointing her index finger at her. "Why not? I've already booked our flights, and we're leaving tomorrow."

Nida taps her feet restlessly on the floor as her best friend watches her, trying to stifle her laughter. "Why do you always drag me around like I'm your personal assistant? Ugh! I'm so bored because you're always busy with your husband. I don't wanna go!"

This time, Habiba bursts into laughter. "You're my best friend, you know. I'm taking you everywhere." Nida collapses lazily onto her bed, gazing at her best friend with pleading puppy eyes. "Spare me this time, please."

"I had already planned to explore so many places there with you while my husband is tied up with meetings and work. But if you don't want to go, then......" Before her best friend can finish her words, Nida interrupts her. "Okay DEAL! I'M GOING!"

A chuckle bubbles up from within Habiba as she hears her response. "Alright, now you better get those bags packed and make sure you're at the airport on time!" she exclaims, getting ready to leave Nida's place.

"Wait, aren't you going to stay a little longer?" Nida asks, but Habiba shakes her head. "Nope, got some stuff to take care of. And girl, don't waste any time, pack up quickly!"

"Sure sure!"

The next day dawns, casting its usual cloak of chaos upon Nida's life. Her phone keeps ringing with Habiba's calls as she rushes around, trying to get ready and pack her bags.

Nida Ali, always running late in everything!

Somehow she manages to pack her bags and get herself ready. However, her entire house is still a complete mess that she hasn't had time to fix yet.

She quickly grabs her phone, which has been ringing nonstop.

"Nida Ali!! Where are you? Ughhhh! Stop being late all the time," Habiba's voice echoes with annoyance through the receiver, as Nida hastily slid her feet into her shoes. "I'm leaving my house now. I'll be there in 5 minutes"