Truck kun

This can't be the way it ends

I sigh loudly as I close my laptop with a loud click. I crash onto my bed and stare at the ceiling.
"Classroom of the elite Season 3......ended just like that?"
I grab a pillow besides me and throw it at the wall in frustration.

"I'll have to wait for 2 years for the next season"
I hop off my bed and head for my door. My room was filled with posters and merch of C.O.T.E but mostly Kiyotaka Ayanokoji.

It started in the start of middle school when I used to think that all the people who watched animes were nerd till by coincidence I stumbled upon Classroom of the elite on the internet. I fell in love after the first season. It was like love at first sight as some might say.

Love at first sight for a fictional character. If people heard they'd laugh about it for days.

I had a little crush on him.....okay crush is an understatement I'm obssessed but I've been reminded a little to many times of reality...... the reality that Ayanokoji Kiyotaka didn't exist. It's all fiction and that has cut deep many times, but it didn't matter.

I ease the door open and poke my head out, "Is dinner ready!?" I ask nobody in particular.
"If you weren't in your room all day going Gaga about a cartoon character you would know" My brother came out of nowhere and flicks my forehead as he says.

"Ouch!...shit that hurt" I rub my forehead as I glare at him.
"It's not a cartoon" was all I could retort with.
"Yeah anime...cartoon same thing..." He shrugs as he passes by me and walks down the stairs.
"It's not the same......" I mutter to myself as I continue to rub my throbbing forehead following after him. I couldn't refute him because once upon a time I said the same thing.

"Ai...you're here....please be a darling and help me set the table" My Mom calls out as soon as she spots me and my shoulder sags.
"......Fine" I grumble as I walk over to the table purposely bumping into my brother as I walk by.

"Mom...tell Ai she needs to get over her cartoon crush phase" My brother Izumi retorts with words that he knows hurts.
My mom just gives me a look and berates Izumi that he should stop bullying me.

"I've lost my appetite....." I drop the cutlery in my hand on the table with a this and head for the door.
"Where're you going?" My mom ask as if it's a usual thing, because it is....
"Out" I spat before adding in guilt,"for a walk"
".....we'll be back soon"

I didn't bother replying as I walked out the door to be greeted by the harsh wind that swept my hair to my face.
I walked out of my street and into a near by intersection. My usual place was the park a walking distance from my house but I didn't reach there as someone calls out to me,
"Hey!...wait!" I turn around to meet a hooded person, covered from head to toe but he had a unique feature....he had deep red eyes.

"$#@&*"
Huh?
I'm about to ask what he said when he pushes me to the road and into an incoming truck. Everything happens in slow motion as I see him smile and mouth,"I hope you enjoy your story"
That was all I could make out before I saw light.......

_____________________________________________

Screams fading in an out.....an ambulance siren....people talking loudly......screaming.......crying and then it's suddenly quiet.

I open my eyes to see the white ceiling of a hospital. I sit up immediately...

I'm alive?....but how is that possible I clearly remember being pushed to my death by a hooded man?

"Ai!!! You're alright!!!" I turn my head to the direction of the scream and spot a woman.....unfamiliar to me with puffy eyes rushing towards me.
Who!?
My first thought is to push her away when she engulfs me in a bear hug but I relax for some strange feeling.
"Are you okay...are you hurt anywhere?" She bombards me with questions before a man walks in.
"Honey...give her space" he teases and she smacks his arm playfully.
"Don't tell me how to treat my daughter?"

D-daughter? What is she talking about?
My eyes dart to a mirror in front of me and I freeze.
My eyes clash with that of a different person. I had bright flaming red hair with emerald green eyes.
What the-this isn't me...I had the most auspicious pair of gold eyes and black hair. My skin wasn't this smooth and this weren't my parents. But I had the same name?

I force myself to calm down and access the situation first.
"How did I get here?" I question hoping it isn't too suspicious.
"You wouldn't remember......you were involved in an accident. You were hit by a truck...but you survived...thankfully."

A truck!!...same with me.....so maybe we swapped bodies.
It isn't hard to believe with all the all the manga's and anime's I've watched.
"Okay....how long have I been here....unconscious?" I ask
"A week"
A week!!!
"We had to postpone your resumption to school"
"School?"
"Have you forgotten....you're supposed to start high school last week a day before the accident happened"

Shit...almost blew my cover.
"Oh yeah...I guess I forgot"
I look away from their prying eyes and out the window.
"Anyway, we have to sign some papers before you are discharged so wait a while okay?"
I nod my head without saying anything and I hear the door click. I sigh as my eyes look with the green unfamiliar eyes.
"I guess this is my life now"

______________________________________________

I get down from the bus and stare at the huge school that I'll be living in for 3 years.
Tokyo Metropolitan High School.

The school where Kiyotaka studied in for 3 years.