I - 〄Sorting Ceremony

(a/n: please remember this is not judging anybody elses work and these tips are probably really bad anyway so ye. And of you get offended by anything please let me know. Btw im not saying my writing is any better than yours suz it ISN'T. I KNOW.

Anyway lysm guys <3 <3)

Number One - The sortig ceremony:

So most HP fanfic writers will have their OC go to the sorting ceremony. Or some authors will write them straight away into a house. There is nothing wrong with that.

But think about:

- What the hat is saying.

- And the house they get.

Remember, they don't always need to go to Gryffindor or Slytherin or Ravenclaw.

People barely ever mention Hufflepuff. So just as an idea, maybie every now and then do a hufflepuff oc or make friends with somebody from hufflepuff.

And when it comes to the hats dialogue, dont copy harrys.

Dont make the hat repeat what it sais to harry.

For example, if you are Harrys sibling then maybie use something like:

"Intresting, another Potter. I still think that you would do well in Slytherin, were your brother should've gone but i can only assume that you want to be with him. Or maybie (Random House) would suite you better"

Then your OC could have a little whisper moment before getting sorted.

Published Saturday 20th April 2024.

(A/n: sorry that was so random. Hope your having a great day and/or night <3 <3

Btw what annoys YOU about Harry Potter fanfics??