Chapter 4: Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, and Pluto

When I landed four strange dragons stepped forward.

The biggest of the dragons is an orange female. The next one is a dark green male. Then came a small light purple female. And lastly, a small yellow male, the smallest one. Their horns were curved and they had these little markings. The two yellow ones had sun marks on their neck and one on either side of their face. The green and purple ones had stars in the same places. The female yellow one had a necklace with the same sun marking around her head in between her eyes and her horns. The weirdest part about them was their wings. The wings were in the shape of a half circle. They probably couldn't fly, I guessed.

"Who are you?" asked the purple dragon and Eucalyptus at the same.

They flew around each other a few times. Then the purple one started circling my head.

"I am Jupiter." Said the female yellow one. "This is Mars." She said, pointing to the green one. "The purple dragon around your head is Saturn and the little yellow one by me is my little brother Pluto. What are your names?"

"I'm Eucalyptus. This is..."

"Blaire. My name is Blaire." I interrupted. "And this is Cactus. What kind of dragons are you? I'm a Skywing, Cactus is a Sandwing and Eucalyptus is a Rainwing."

"Pluto and I are Sunwings. Saturn and Mars are Starwings."

"She forgot to tell you that she is the princess of the Sunwings." Said Pluto proudly. "Which makes me the prince."

"That is how genetics work," Mars said gruffly.

"I am the princess of the Starwings and Mars is my best friend," said Saturn.

"I'm her bodyguard," Mars said gruffly.

"And best friend! We're all best friends."

"How old are you all?" I asked. I had traveled far and wanted to know what I was dealing with. "I'm 11 and Eucalyptus is 8. Cactus is newly hatched."

"Jupiter is 6. Mars is 5. Saturn is 4 and I am 3." said Pluto.

Cactus reached up and grabbed my ear. She pulled it down and whispered something that sounded like: 'EEEEEE FFFOOOO.' I think she meant, 'Eat food.'

"What is this place?" I asked, searching through the ground for something for her to eat. I felt a small rabbit walking along the grass. I saw it and stepped closer before stabbing my tail into it. I lifted it and presented the creature to my youngest dragonet, who took it and began to gnaw on one of the ears.

"We're on market islands in Prantasia," Saturn said, looking at my tail in awe. "There are only Sunwings and Starwings on Prantasia. Where are you from?"
"We're from another continent called Pyrrhia. We have seven tribes there. Skywings, Mudwings, Sandwings, Seawings, Icewings, Rainwings and Nightwings."

When I said each tribe's name, my scales changed and I formed to match the tribe.

"How did you do that?!"

"Do you guys have any magical dragons in Prantasia?"

"We used to centuries ago. We called them animus dragons. They're all gone now."

"I'm an animus dragon! Other animuses would lose their soul if they used too much magic, but I can't lose my soul. I'm not the full dragon." I turned into a wolf and then a human. I didn't bother turning into a lion or cat.

"Woah!" They all said at the same time.

"I also have fire scales, so do not touch me if I'm not wearing this necklace. Eucalyptus has deadly venom."

"Wait, you said you're a Skywing, but you don't look like the dragon you turned into."

I turned into a Skywing again (It took a lot of strength to turn into a Skywing since my normal form is my Skywing form) and Jupiter studied me closely.

"I'm an Allwing. I have the same powers as all the seven tribes in Pyrrhia. That's why I look different."

"Can we go explore Prantasia?" asked Eucalyptus, who was getting impatient.

"Sure. But before we go I have one last question. Are all Skywings that big?" asked Jupiter.

"If they lived for hundreds. Nightwings, Mudwings, and Sandwings can be as big as me with the right genes, but my twin sister is the only Skywing that's as big as me."

She nodded and we took off. I was surprised that they could fly so easily. They barely beat their wings. I flew over to Jupiter and hovered next to her.

"How are you flying?"

"Sunwings and Starwings have a power that helps us fly. We can summon the wind when we need to fly. It helps lift us into the air and keep us there."

Cactus climbed out of the sling. Before I could catch her, she opened her wings and jumped. I went to reach for her, but she was just hovering there. She started to move forward without beating her wings!

"She can do it too?!" shrieked Jupiter in surprise.

Cactus flew over to Eucalyptus and landed on her back. She had watched the whole thing so wasn't that surprised when Cactus did it again.

"Jupiter, what colors can Sunwings be?"

"Usually any warm colors. Why?"

"Can they be white?"

"It's infrequent, but yes."

"That's why Cactus looks like that. One of her ancestors must've been a Sunwing."

We kept going before landing in front of the weirdest and coolest palace.

"This is the Midday Palace."