Chapter 9: There's No Place Like Home

I finally found the side of the cave that I had entered from.

As I got closer, I could see my friends trying to find a way to get through the fallen rocks. Eucalyptus was trying to make a small hole. Jupiter was drawing with a stick in the dirt, probably trying to figure out how to move them. Saturn was flying near the top, trying to find a way through, and Cactus was playing with a butterfly in the grass.

"I don't think that's going to work," I said as I landed. "Maybe make a bomb and blast it open." Cactus squeaked in excitement, running over to me.

"Blaire!" The other three shouted at the same time, running over to me just as Allfire, Starsight, and Canary landed.

"Oooohhh! More weird dragons!" Saturn exclaimed, running over to them.

"Guys, this is Allfire, Canary, and Starsight. They're what we needed to find. They've been trapped in the ice for 4,000 years."

Eucalyptus's eyes widened. "Really?! Wow! I'm Eucalyptus!"

"Nice to meet you," Allfire said with a small smile as Cactus ran over to them. She looked up at Canary with big black eyes. He smiled and held out his talon, which she happily climbed onto.

"Jupiter, Saturn, we need to return to Pyrrhia. It's urgent. Thank you for helping us."
"Of course," Jupiter said.

"Please come back sometime!" Saturn exclaimed.

"Duh!" Eucalyptus said. I smiled as I pulled the sling over my head.

"Come on, Cactus," I said, holding out my talon. She ran (Or waddled) over to me and climbed into the sling. We then took off, heading for home.

**************

I watched in horror as dragons throughout the Sky Kingdom were fighting.

I flew up to the gong at the tallest spire of the castle. I didn't even bother grabbing the gong mallet. Instead, I slammed my tail against the gong. It let forth the loudest sound I had ever heard, but it did the job. All the dragons stopped fighting and looked up at me.

"SKYWINGS! I HAVE RETURNED FROM MY JOURNEY TO SOLVE THE PROPHECY AS WE HAVE DONE SO!" I gestured for Allfire to join me. As soon as she flew into sight, many dragons gasped at the sight of her. "THIS IS PRINCESS ALLFIRE OF THE SKYWINGS! SHE HAS BEEN BURIED IN ICE ON THE MISSING CONTINENT FOR 4,000 YEARS!

"QUEEN ROSE WAS QUEEN OF THE SKYWINGS FOR YEARS, RULING WITH THE HELP OF HER TWO SISTERS, PRINCESS CRIMSON AND PRINCESS ALLFIRE. THE SKYWINGS BECAME AFRAID OF ALLFIRE AND STARTED TO QUESTION QUEEN ROSE'S ABILITY TO RULE AS SHE SUPPORTED ALLFIRE. TO PROTECT ALLFIRE, CRIMSON, AND ROSE WORKED TOGETHER TO TAKE ALLFIRE TO THE MISSING CONTINENT, ERASE HER FROM THE MINDS OF THE SKYWINGS THROUGH MAGIC, AND REMOVE HER FROM THE HISTORY BOOKS. CRIMSON THEN BECAME QUEEN AND ROSE BECAME LADY ROSE. SO YES, ROSE WAS ONCE QUEEN AND OF ROYAL BLOOD, BUT SHE CHOSE HER SISTER OVER HER RULE!" I stopped talking and took a big breath. My voice was sore, but it didn't matter. As long as they knew the truth.

"How do we know you aren't lying?!" Said a female Skywing. I recognized her as the one leading the Rose followers.

"She's not!" Allfire shouted, taking a step forward. "Everything she said was true!"

All the Skywings looked at each other, not sure what to believe.

"Please stop fighting!" Eucalyptus said. The leader of the Rose followers looked around, before hanging her head.

"Of course, we believe you, Your Majesty," She said I smiled as I watched all the other dragons nod. "You never lie, princess." She looked up at me with a smile that didn't look even the slightest bit genuine. Before I could comprehend what was happening, she launched at me. I ducked as she flew over my head, her talons out. I grabbed her tail and pulled her back. She skidded across the floor and hit the wall. She stood up and hissed up at me. I squared my shoulders, raised my tail, and bared my fangs.