Chapter 8: A Cave Of Memories

I ripped off my necklace and laid my talons against the cold ice and slowly felt it melt. It wasn't fast enough. I wrapped my tail around it and it started to melt faster. I stepped back as the ice melted all the way and Allfire fell to the ground. She started breathing hard, but her eyes were still closed and her mind was quiet like she was asleep.

How is she alive?! Has she been buried in ice for 4,000 years?! How is that possible?!

I quickly slipped my necklace back on and looked at the dragon in front of me in awe. After a moment she stood up and opened her eyes. She straightened up and looked me up and down.
"Who are you?" She demanded. "Where am I? Where is Crimson?"

"Are you really Princess Allfire Of The Skywings?"
"Yes. Who are you?"

"My name is Princess Blaire Of The Skywings, daughter of Queen Scarlet."

"Not possible. I only have two sisters and I have never heard of this Queen Scarlet."

"Allfire, what's the last thing you remember?!"

"My sister was bringing me down to a cave to check it out with two of my friends."
"Friends?" She nodded.

"Crimson wanted to bring us down here to show us something. I followed her into the cave, but she told my friends to wait outside. We stopped right here. When she turned around, she was crying. She told me she was sorry and put bracelets on my wrists. Now tell me where she is!" She stomped her foot on the ground and bared her fangs.

"I told you something like this would happen!" Came a voice I didn't recognize. Allfire's face lit up as a Nightwing walked around the corner.

The Nightwing was a raisin purple with a mauve underbelly. She had a teardrop by her eye and the underside of her wings were a nice iris purple.

"Starsight!" Allfire shouted, running forward to the dragon.

"I warned you something bad would happen, but noooo. No one listens to the Nightwing with foresight!"
"I knew this wasn't a good idea!" came a male voice, which turned out to belong to a gingerbread brown Mudwing with a tawny brown underbelly. "I listed all the reasons why it was bad, and no one listened!"

"We were listening, we just chose to ignore you." The one named Starsight said.

"Canary! What happened to all of us?!" Allfire asked, turning back to me.

"Who are you?" The Mudwing, (Canary I think) asked.

I straightened myself so I was now towering over them. "My name is Princess Blaire Of The Skywings, daughter of Queen Scarlet Of The Skywings."

They all looked at each other confused.

"I'm not really sure how to tell you, but you've been in that ice for over 4,000 years."

"What?! No, that's not possible. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!"

"Actually it is," Starsight said. Canary was hyperventilating.

"You are not helping!" Allfire shouted.

"Look," I said before things could turn dark. "I don't know what happened, but maybe we can find some answers in here." I pointed my tail to a tunnel that led deeper into the cave. They looked skeptical but followed me anyway.

Soon we came to a rounded part of the cave, which had crystals more pale than the others. As Allfire, Starsight, and Canary stepped into the cave, the crystals began to glow, until an image of a Skywing was clear.

"This isn't right," The image said sadly, hanging her head. She had on the Skywing crown. It was hard to tell in the ice, but she looked remarkably like Lady Rose. "Haven't we proved she can be trusted?"