23. Genin Exams(3)

The abrupt revelation left the affected students in a state of bewilderment, their confusion palpable in the hushed murmurs that circulated among them.

One moment, they were diligently working on their exam papers, and the next, they found themselves confronted with the harsh reality of disqualification.

"Listen up, those of you caught in the genjutsu," he declared, addressing the bewildered students directly.

"The original intent was to encourage early submission, but something went awry. Unfortunately, you were ensnared, and breaking free proved difficult for you to release it."

His gaze scanned the disheartened faces before him, the weight of disappointment evident in the air.

"Given the circumstances, disqualification is inevitable. The rules are clear – if you can't dispel the genjutsu, you can't continue. This was an unexpected challenge, but every shinobi must adapt to unforeseen obstacles. Learn from this experience, and perhaps you'll emerge stronger in the future."

The gravity of his words hung in the air, acknowledging the unexpected turn of events and emphasizing the importance of resilience in the unpredictable world of shinobi.

Outside the exam hall, the group huddled together, attempting to make sense of what had just transpired. Aiko, animatedly explained the intricacies of the genjutsu, revealing its reliance on their chakra.

Renjiro furrowed his brow, contemplating the unexpected revelation. "So, it used our own chakra against us? Is that why I couldn't sense any chakra fluctuation from Yaza? Very Sneaky."

Aiko nodded in agreement, her expression thoughtful. "Exactly. It played on our focus on the exam, diverting our attention while subtly siphoning our chakra to sustain the illusion. Clever technique, really."

Hiro chimed in, his voice reflecting a mix of frustration and curiosity. "But how were we expected to counter something like that? It's not like we can sense our own chakra being manipulated."

Renjiro sighed, rubbing his temples.

"True. It's a tricky one. We just need to figure out how to sense any chakra discrepancies around us. That's the key to breaking free from a genjutsu like this."

Luckily for them, they managed to move to the next stage and no one from their group was disqualified.

Yaza Kurama moved swiftly towards a group of chunins trailing behind. They were assisting with the proceedings.

"How many students are left?" Yaza's deep voice resonated.

One of the chunins, a young ninja with a clipboard in hand, quickly responded. "Out of the initial five hundred students, around thirty per cent have been disqualified due to the genjutsu."

Yaza's brows furrowed as he processed the numbers. "Thirty per cent? That's still a significant portion. We need to quickly tally the scores and move to the next stage."

The chunin nodded, "Understood, Yaza-sensei."

The students, now seated in restless patience, exchanged glances and murmurs as they awaited the return of their results.

The results of the written exam were a critical component of each student's overall score, contributing significantly to their chances of success in the graduation exam.

Two hours later, the tension in the air remained as the chunins distributed the graded papers. The room echoed with the shuffling of papers and hushed conversations as the students eagerly scanned their assessments.

'This is better than I had expected.' Renjiro remarked.

He had gotten an 80 out of 100 marks. This was a good grade despite the fact that he only skimmed over the third year knowledge.