31. Weights

As the morning sun illuminated the training ground, Riku unleashed his training regimen upon Renjiro, Aiko, and Hiro with a zeal that could only be described as demonic.

His approach to physical conditioning was as relentless as a demon's pursuit, pushing the boundaries of the three genins' endurance with a merciless fervour.

The workout was a symphony of sweat and strained muscles, orchestrated by Riku's seemingly boundless energy.

'I had expected to go to hell after dying then I was happy I came to this new world but it seems the devil sent Riku to come collect his dues.'

Renjiro, accustomed to challenges, found himself in uncharted territory, realizing that Riku's definition of intensity surpassed anything he had ever encountered.

The training made the team miss the good times when Riku was late for their early morning meetup. Just like most good times, which was only one instance in this case, it was short-lived.

In the midst of the gruelling routine, Riku's laughter echoed like a mischievous imp revelling in the chaos it had unleashed. Each drop of sweat seemed to be a tribute to the training demon, and the genins couldn't help but lament as they navigated through a sea of physical demands.

'I want to die!'

That was Renjiro's last thought as he collapsed in training ground 51. Right beside him were Hiro and Aiko, both in similar states. He supposedly lasted longer than the two in the first segment of their training, but that was nothing to brag about, as lasting longer only meant more pain.

"That's for today's workout. Take an hour's break, then we will move to the next segment." Riku declared, seemingly ignoring the fact that none of his students were in a state to listen to him.

The usual day for team 15 began with a brutal awakening as Riku expected them to rise at the crack of dawn, commencing an intense body workout that spanned from 5 am to 8 am, a complete three hours.

Following this early morning crucible, a brief respite arrived as Riku allowed them to take a break until 9 am.

However, as the clock struck 10 am, the next phase commenced. From 10 am to 2 pm, the genins would find themselves entangled in taijutsu battles against the seasoned master himself—Riku.

Despite their concerted efforts, the matches unfolded with a predictable rhythm as Riku, an expert taijutsu specialist, dominated every encounter.

The score stood at an overwhelming 18-0, all victories leaning in Riku's favour. Undeterred by the defeats, Riku forced them to engage in at least three battles every day.

Today, the trio, fueled by the determination to break the 18-0 streak, moved with a newfound intensity. It was weird that the hour-long break Riku gave them did wonders, and they actually recovered most of their strength.

'Must be chakra.' Renjiro noted.

Despite being in this world for close to three years, the capabilities of Chakra never stopped to amaze Renjiro. It was like a gift that keeps on giving. But that was for later now, Renjiro needed to focus on their spar with Riku.

Renjiro darted with speed, launching calculated strikes. Aiko also launched her own kicks and punches. Hiro, the agile force, aimed to disrupt with unpredictable manoeuvres.

Yet, Riku moved like a blur, effortlessly countering every strike. His movements were fluid and precise, a nod to years of experience he had accumulated. The battle unfolded in a mesmerizing dance, each clash resonating with the clash of steel and flesh.

Despite their concerted efforts, the genins found themselves constantly outmanoeuvred.

"Yes, Faster!" Riku's voice echoed through the training ground, a mix of amusement and encouragement.