26. Sensei

In an office in the Hokage building, some of Konoha's Jounins assembled with an air of expectancy. The Hokage sat at the head of a large wooden desk cluttered with scrolls and maps. His gaze swept across the faces of the assembled Jounins as the office echoed with subdued murmurs.

With the recent graduation of new genins into the shinobi ranks of Konoha, the Jonin Sensei selected beforehand had to deliberate the different team formations. The decisions made here today would change the lives of many shinobi, the genins as well as their soon-to-be sensei, forever.

Due to the low number of Jounins, especially those who were qualified and willing to teach the next generations, the genins who would not make the cut would be sent to the genin reserve.

The lingering tension in the office found a momentary respite as the door creaked open, heralding the arrival of the latecomer. The eyes of the assembled jounins turned towards the entrance.

'He is always punctual, so why was he late today?' Sarutobi Goya wondered. The person was close to the Hokage so it was strange that he would be late to such a meeting.

"Good to see that you joined us today,"

The Hokage greeted the jounin with a nod. The late arrival took a leisurely path towards his designated seat. He had just returned to the village after a week-long mission and was too tired to care what the rest thought about his 'tardiness'.

"Now that we are all here, we can begin." Hiruzen declared as his gaze fell on a figure in the room. The figure was Nara Shiba.

Nara Shiba was the venerable head of the Nara Clan and the current Jounin Commander. He carried an air that spoke the weight of experience and leadership he held.

A cascade of black hair framed his face with eyes that surveyed the world with a discerning gaze. Despite the passing years, there was a subtle glint in those eyes that hinted at a mind still sharp and a spirit undiminished.

If Renjiro saw him, he would mistake him with his son Shikaku Nara as He was his spitting image only lacking the scars the latter had.

"You all know why we are here," He began, "So let's get straight into it."

"We have fewer Jounins available to guide the genins this time. So we will have to put more effort into turning them into chunins as quickly as possible.

I had already prepared a list. I will first read it out then you can raise any objections or recommendations you have.

Team one; Hyuga Hyuro, Shimura Miki and Uchiha Inabi. The Jounin responsible for them will be.

Team two...

...

...

Team Five; Senju Mihara, Kamiya Yoshihiro and Chiharu Obi. The Jounin responsible for them will be Akihiro Kudo.

...

Team Eight; Aburame Inabi, Kurama Kusai and Suzuki Muramito. The Jounin responsible for them will be Hisaki Tano.

...

Team Ten; Ono Inuzuka, Hyuga Fukui and Aburame Anzai. The Jounin responsible for them will be Kurama Sando.

...

Team Thirteen; Akimichi Chou, Yamanaka Iwai and Nara. The Jounin responsible for them will be Sarutobi Goya.

So that only leaves six students and two jounins. We left these spots open as we thought it would be better to discuss this with you all. The names are Morino Ibiki, Nakamura Aiko, Aburame Hiroko, Uzumaki Renjiro, Uchiha Tekka and Hatake Hiro.

The reason we haven't decided on the combinations is that we could either form a normal assault team or form a task-specific team. So I will let you guys decide this.

"I think Ibiki Morino, Hiroko Aburame and Tekka Uchiha would be a perfect team for Intelligence gathering with Shimora Yamanaka as their Jounin sensei. That leaves the rest a good assault team." Maeda Inuzuka added.

'That is exactly what I thought but we already have another team with a similar composition. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to have two teams with the same abjective.' Shiba Surmised.

"Good, so that leaves Uzumaki Renjiro, Hatake Hiro and Nakamura Aiko as team 15. They were from the same year so that would help in their team coordination. Shimora and Riku, are you okay with this?"

"Yes," Shimora Yamanaka answered while Riku simply nodded.

"That's it for this year. Unfortunately, the Sannins would not be taking in teams this year due to other responsibilities. Lady Tsunade and Lord Orochimaru are busy in the Hospital and the Research Centre. As for Lord Jiraiya, well... he is researching for his new book."

Hiruzen winced at the mention of what his disciple was doing. Unlike later in the story, the only books Jiraiya was known for was his research in Fuinjutsu. But lately, his weird behaviour had taken a turn as Hiruzen caught him sneaking around spring baths in the village.

'I probably need to check what he is doing.' Hiruzen sighed as he vowed to use his crystal ball to check what his mischievous disciple was doing.

=====

The sun hung low in the sky, casting a warm glow on the faces of the newly graduated genin as they gathered once more at the familiar courtyard of the academy.

Excitement and nervous energy buzzed as each new genin was eager to discover their assigned teams and the identity of their Jounin Sensei who would guide them.

As the moment arrived for the team assignments to be revealed, Renjiro's gaze shifted from face to face in the crowd. He was with both Hiro and Aiko. They were the only ones he was more familiar with.

'I just hope I get a good sensei. Not much about the current Jounins was told in the anime so they either died or retired.' Renjiro thought as Team after team was announced, each met with a ripple of reactions.

Then came the moment for the last team, Team 15, a number that echoed through the courtyard.

'Only three of us remaining, we must be in the same team but who is our Jounin Sensei?'

"Team 15," The names of Hatake Hiro, Aiko Nakamura, and Uzumaki Renjiro rang out, and a flicker of understanding passed across Renjiro's face.

'Thought so'

"The Jounin assigned is Senju Riku." The name of their Jounin Sensei was announced.

' I can't remember the name from the canon and since he is Senju, He probably died. I really hope he died of old age, otherwise, I am really fucked.'

=====

Your Reviews and Comments about my work are welcomed
If you can, then please support me on Patreon.
Link - www.patreon.com/SideCharacter
You Can read more chapters ahead on Patreon