FOUR

B E L L E

She had little charm bracelets on her wrists and a small butterfly ring that looked like a toy. "She looks like a stoner," I dropped.

"Probably," Terrance answered, his hands in his pockets.

The forensics are here, and the body was about to be taken. Last night, I was not sure if I was actually being followed or if it was my imagination. Terrance was the only person that lived on that floor, so she had to be following me.

The blood on the floor had not completely dried. After getting a clear look at her throat, it was not one clean cut, but a series of jagged wounds. The weapon used was not sharp, so it looked as if the person had done it multiple times until they achieved a deep, almost mutilated gash. Each cut seemed erratic, as if the killer was determined to inflict as much damage as possible. The skin around her neck was torn and ragged, with blood oozing from the wounds, indicating she had lost a significant amount of blood. It was not a good sight.

"Do y'all have security cameras?" I asked.

Terrance shook his head, trying to take off the gloves on his hands, my head throbbing with pain.

۵♡۵

The girl's name was Juliana. She lived off-campus in an apartment downtown. And I was right about her being a stoner; poor girl has gone for rehab twice.

"Poor girl," Jenna let out. She was sitting in the passenger seat while I drove. We were having a movie night; there's no way I'm staying home alone.

"I know, right?" I wondered why she was following me. Or was someone following her, not me?

If she was actually being chased, she could have screamed or done something. Her body was the first I've seen after getting back to work, and it was damn repulsive.

"You seem quiet," she said again, running her hands through her thin waves. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I assured her, turning to look at the wheel. She was going to argue, I know it.

"Uhm.. okay," she said nonchalantly, shocked I didn't speak throughout the drive. It wasn't like her to give up that easily. She had been like that, well, almost all year?.

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩
hey lovelies!, thoughts?

I know the chapter is like really short, but I had a long essay to write and a really long day, I'll make up for it in the next one🫶🏼

xoxo۵