Epilogue

The return to Coruscant was a silent one. None of the Jedi spoke, knowing that one of them hadn't returned alive and with them. But, within the Force the could vaguely sense their old friend. Master Kota departed from his apprentice, once they've landed on Temple Grounds. Kenobi was to immediately be knighted once he arrived on Coruscant, considering he completed all five trials with his dangerous dance with Darth Maul, the returning Sith.

The news spread faster than wildfire and every Padawan, Knight, and a few Masters wanted to hear of the boy who lived against the antithesis of the Jedi, the bringer of chaos. Kenobi was showered with approval, which allowed (Y/N) to disappear into the Shadows. He wasn't an attention seeker. He never was. In fact, Kenobi's rising popularity allowed him to move about from the other Padawans.

He found himself wandering into the Temple Guard Training DoJo. The Temple Guards didn't have names, once they've let go of their identity. They were strong, fierce, yet stoic. (Y/N) trained with them whenever he couldn't find the time to train with his Master. 

Temple Guards wore robes that were utmost fascinating to (Y/N). It seemed as if they could read his mind and knew exactly what he was thinking. He would duel many of them, getting knocked down, and rising back up again to face them in combat. When the Padawan had enough, he would bow and leave. Ever since his encounter with Maul on Tatooine, he was fascinated with the idea of the double bladed lightsaber, but he felt as if it wasn't his style. He reconstructed his saber only to a single-hilt.

When reconstructing his lightsaber for more than the fifteenth time, he finally managed to reach a conclusion. The reverse-grip. It felt nice in his hands, and he felt far more in-depth when using it. A different lightsaber form would serve him well, originally he used Shii-Cho, which was meant for disarming and maiming opponents, but he felt as if that form never suited him.

He found himself focusing on Djem So, Form V. The aggressiveness the form withheld was truly incredible and the results were palpable. His emerald blade would simply gleam in the sunlight around the training grounds from day-to-night and from night-to-day. Unconsciously, he was jealous of Kenobi. He always wanted to fight a Sith Lord and missed the chance to do so, and now he would be knighted while (Y/N) had to pass the trials.

It wasn't until (Y/N) met himself with Obi-Wan again. Although, he was training alone, he called his name, "(Y/N)." The apprentice, sweating and his robes had patches of wet areas forming underneath his armpits and soaking through his robes. "Obi-Wan."

Kenobi: "You've been busy."

(Y/N): "I have."

Kenobi: "Have you seen, Master Yaddle? She's been missing for a while now. I've come to ask if you've seen her."

(Y/N) clenched his fist tightly on his lightsaber, "If I could remember.." He said before blocking a plasma bolt from a training probe droid. "She went to meet with Master Dooku." He slashed vertically at the probe droid and it was destroyed. "She seemed worried about him."

Kenobi scratched his chin slightly, "That is troublesome news. Did she say anything to you?"

(Y/N) shook his head, "Nothing."

Kenobi: "I see." Kenobi stepped towards (Y/N) from the sidelines. He was brandishing an entire new lightsaber hilt. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow, "What happened to your old one?" He asked.

Kenobi: "The Sith that I was battling against kicked my lightsaber down the generator shaft. I had to create a new one." He held it in his hands, "I've been hoping to test it out, thus why I came to find you?"

(Y/N) scoffed, "I thought with your newfound popularity, that you wouldn't need me any longer." Kenobi coughed, "No. I would never 'use' you, (Y/N). You were practically my second best-friend friend."

(Y/N):  "What happened to your first?"

Kenobi: "The youngling left the Temple at a young age. They wanted to explore the Coruscant  underworld and soon the Galaxy.. I never really got to say goodbye to them."

(Y/N) released his built-up tension and relaxed. "Ah, well.. It's good to be appreciated, I guess?"

Kenobi: "Definitely.. Would you fancy a duel?"

(Y/N): "Best of three?"

Kenobi: "You know me, too well."

The two of them ignited their lightsabers and clashed at one another. (Y/N)'s reversed grip clashed with Kenobi's standard-hilt grip. In the first round, Kenobi disarmed (Y/N), in the second round, (Y/N) managed to get the upper-hand and almost slice Kenobi's neck off. It was the final round and they were viciously, circling one another. Kenobi remained with his temperance while (Y/N) watched him like a Predator watched its Prey. The two would clash once more, parrying swings, and showing their skills at the blade. (Y/N)'s brute strength managed to overtake Kenobi and he would soon lose his lightsaber as it scattered away from him.

(Y/N) attempted to slash at him, but Kenobi managed to dodge a few times, before performing a kata which broke through (Y/N)'s guard. Kenobi managed to use the Force to obtain (Y/N)'s lightsaber.

Kenobi: "You have potential, (Y/N). But, your emotions will get the better of you, someday. You don't want to be seen as too emotional. Especially, on the battlefield."

(Y/N), instead of being angry and full of arrogance, was instead smiling. "I see now. Perhaps, that's why the Council wanted me to watch plants." He scratched his head.

Kenobi: "Pardon?" 

(Y/N): "Apparently, before Qui-Gon's funeral on Naboo, the Council wanted me to join the Agricultural Corps. But, I haven't been taking advice so well, lately."

Kenobi placed a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. "As much as you don't agree with the Council, you should always listen. The Force whispers us many things."

(Y/N): "Understood.. Perhaps, your wisdom is growing ever since you became a Jedi Knight after all." Kenobi playfully punched his shoulder. "So, how's Anakin?"

Kenobi: "He's somewhat like you. He doesn't get any special treatment for being the "Chosen One" despite, how skilled he is in the Force."

(Y/N): "Next time when you see him, tell him that taking the quick and easy path is not the Jedi way." Kenobi stifled a laugh, "I'll keep that in mind." The two friends waved goodbye, and once again (Y/N) was training.

Luminara: "You've been training awfully hard. What are you trying to prove, (Y/N)?" She was now visible after walking from behind the pillar. "Brute strength wouldn't get you far."

(Y/N): "Well.. Unless, I'm a Jedi Brute."

Luminara: "You're already that much of a brute, do you know how long it took to clean my robes?"

(Y/N): "It was an accident."

Luminara: "You snorted blue milk through your nose and it 'somehow' landed on my dress." 

(Y/N): "Yeah, yeah.. Sorry.." He rolled his eyes.

Luminara put both of her hands on her hips, "One day, you'll need to learn humility."

(Y/N): "And one day, you'll need to learn how to stop sneaking up on people. You might give someone a heart attack."

Luminara simply pretended not to hear him, "Surely, when you heard that you're going to Service Corps, tomorrow." (Y/N)'s heart sank. "H-Huh?"

Luminara: "I'm only joking.. Partly.." She sniggered. But, before (Y/N) could respond she simply walked back to where she originally came from and vanished around the pillar. Sometimes, (Y/N) just doesn't know about that girl.

(Y/N) gripped his lightsaber. He could feel his crystal's life force shining as much as before. He was getting more flimsy in technique execution. Was he truly not meant to become a Jedi? He shook his head, and thought: "Perhaps, Ilum would be a good place to visit, right about now."