Before her

Sunday afternoon, eating with family. Family time has always been my first priority. Being able to devote from my own time towards people who support me has always been my own energy booster. Being surrounded by people who maintain a positive attitude makes me feel good about myself.

That's why I left her. Being around H/N always lead to trouble. She might seem like an angle from the outside, but once you get to know her deepest darkest secrets, the only thing your eyes could see were the devil. H/N was the devil himself.

I walked down the wooded halls of this immense mansion I thankfully lived in. It's fresh smell came from the woods that surrounded us, they came from the woods that made us pure. You always had a room for anything and anyone. Thinking about a gym? It's right there on the first floor. What about a pool? Just outside in the green garden. Don't forget the spa room! You can find it behind the tv room at the third floor. This house made you feel like you belonged, like you could stay here forever.

After stopping by the kitchen door, I saw my whole family getting ready, preparing all the food, the snacks, the drinks that were gonna be consumed that afternoon by all my uncles, aunts and cousins.

"Hey mom, do you need help with anything?" I asked.

"I'm fine Y/N! You can go check on your brother downstairs, he might need some."

As I walked down the stairs, a faint smell of fire filled my nose, and just as I saw my brother, I saw his toy house burning.

"Hey dude what happened here!" I said surprised.

"Some evil witch came in and started burning my house down!" He cried.

I knew he referred to his toy witch. I reassured him everything was gonna be ok, and watered down the house.

"Thanks Y/N! You're always here to save the day!" My brother exclaimed.

As I walked away, returning back again to the kitchen, I couldn't help but notice a weird figure that stood outside on the garden. It was a girl with a flower dress. Who might she be? As I walked closer, I noticed it was H/N. Suddenly, memories from the past came back as if they had been resurrected.

When I was in high school, I used to hang out with this girl, H/N. We were the best of friends you could find. Everywhere I went, she was always with me. Until I met Leo. Leo was my first every boyfriend. We met thanks to H/N actually, yet dating him seemed to make H/N angry. She couldn't stand seeing us together, and all this time, I thought she actually liked him.

After a few months of dating, I found out H/N had been sneaking letters to Leo as if it was me, calling him all kinds of offensive things, which lead Leo to break up with me. At first, my 17 year old self didn't realized H/N had done that, yet later I found out and stopped talking to her. I loved leo, and H/N decided to ruin that for me.

Yet seeing her standing right outside made me wonder what she was here for.