The Puppeteer and the Killing Machine (Part 1)

Danganronpa: Joy of Ferocity

We return to our dorms. As always.

I'm starting to feel like everything is slowing down.

My vision darkens as I lie down on my bed.

Cuddles: (It's like the world is spinning... And it's not gonna stop soon.)

I look at the ceiling and sigh deeply.

Cuddles: "How much time passed...? How long have we been suffering for...?"

Cuddles: "Maybe a few weeks now... Months...?"

Cuddles: "More importantly, why can't I remember anything before this?"

Cuddles: "I can remember the feelings I felt, the world around me, even my friends..."

Cuddles: "...My friends?"

Cuddles: "...Did I even have friends?"

Cuddles: "Why... Why do I feel like something's missing?"

Cuddles: "Were they... Really...?"

Before I know it, I fall asleep.

Monokuma: "Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 AM and nighttime is officially over! Get outta bed and greet this new beautiful day!"

I get out of my bed and walk to the cafeteria. As usual.

Cuddles: (What was I even thinking last night?...)

I take a seat next to Toothy.

Cuddles: "Hey, Toothy."

Toothy: "Hi..."

Toothy looks exhausted. Did he even sleep? Should I even be asking that question at this point? Everything is so familiar to me about this, everything is the same.

I look around and see everyone else seated at the tables. Everyone else... the ones who survived.

Lumpy and Sniffles are gone. So are the robots. Now that all the rest are in front of me, I can finally tell that there aren't many people left.

Cuddles: "..."

As I eat my food, I keep waiting for someone to break the silence. But nothing like that happens.

Cuddles: "So, Toothy... Do you wanna get your mind off things a little?"

Toothy: "I-I don't know if I can, Cuddles."

Cuddles: "Come on, we have to at least try... Plus, you barely touched your food."

Toothy: "I guess I didn't, huh..."

He stands up now and lightly pushes his tray away.

Toothy: "Do you have anything specific in mind?"

Cuddles: "Oh, well, not really! Hehehe... I was hoping we could just talk. Y'know, like normal!"

Toothy: "Like normal...?"

I get up and start walking as I continue to talk to Toothy.

Cuddles: "Yeah! We might as well walk and talk while we do it, since it makes me feel like we're actually going somewhere!"

Toothy: "Oh, I used to do that too... You know, before all this..."

We start walking out of the cafeteria as we reach the hallway.

Cuddles: "Life really is different without all the fresh air we used to have, right? Do you think this is how astronauts feel?"

Toothy: "Haha, I don't know! I'm not an astronaut."

Cuddles: "Well, what's your dream job?"

Toothy: "My dream job? It has to be being a dentist. I've liked it ever since I was little..."

Cuddles: "Just like your talent, right? Mr. Ultimate Dentist."

Toothy: "I really don't get why those cards were there... Now that I think about it, Monokuma doesn't really have a use for these, right?"

Cuddles: "Who the heck knows what that little crazy bear does with that info?"

Toothy: "Knowing him, it's probably not anything good. But why would he know so much about us anyway? If he just needed people to kill each other, why bother learning so much about us?"

Cuddles: "Now I'm starting to wonder how he even got all that information from us..."

Toothy: "Did Monokuma... know us?"

Cuddles: "No way! I would've definitely remembered that if that were the case!"

Toothy: "But we don't even know how we got here."

Cuddles: "I... I guess so."

Toothy: "Do you think... Monokuma is working with someone on the outside?"

Cuddles: "On the outside? You mean, outside this building?"

Toothy: "Yeah. Maybe someone's a secret agent traitor working with Monokuma for... um... money?"

Cuddles: "That sounds too insane to be true. We're not in a movie or something! Hahaha..."

As we keep walking, we enter the music room, but something looks... different.

Toothy: "Woah, what happened here...?"

After we pass by the lineup of chairs, we climb up on the stage and see something behind the curtains. There seems to be another room that was hidden by a wall. It looks similar to the storage room, except much dirtier and much more cluttered.