사월, 그리고 꽃

It's not like Mizuki is the type of person who gets sick easily. Well, yes. Except when it's winter. Sometimes, they can have common colds and headaches– but that's it. But for these past few months, she's been experiencing strange chest pain, nausea, and low energy. Medications aren't working that much anymore they have to take a break from joining Nightcord calls to take rest for a while.  

"Are you sure you're really alright, Amia?" Ena asked through the voice call. Mizuki might not be able to see their faces, but they can feel her worry. 

"Yeah, yeah! I'm alright!" Mizuki assured the rest of the members, "I will be back in no time! Don't miss me that much, 'kay?~" 

They let out a chuckle when they heard Ena hissing by the sudden teasing, "Who said I'll miss you that bad?! Just take a rest and come back quickly!"

"Enanan's right, Amia. It's alright if you can't work with us for now." Kanade interrupted, "Get well soon, okay?"

"Thank you, K. See you, everyone!" Their smile dropped as soon as they left the voice call. Her fist clenched on the clothes on their chest as they started to feel another pain.

'It's here again... But I just took a pain reliever...' They rushed to the bathroom when she felt like throwing up. They choked on their breath and closed their eyes shut while something came out of their mouth.

The pink-haired wiped off the saliva on their lips and looked at their reflection in silence. Her eyes slightly widened in surprise when they noticed a blood stain on their mouth. Without any hesitation, Mizuki looked down at the sink, horrified at what they just saw.

"No... Why this much...?" They whispered under their breath, as they saw a few petals of violet-colored flowers at the bathroom sink, stained with blood. Well, they had experienced this at least once a day, but she didn't expect this many flowers to come out, with more blood.

Judging by the colors of the flower petals, they only thought of one person in mind, while she started throwing up another batch of petals again.

'... Rui...'

With curiosity overflowing through her mind, they quickly went to the computer after cleaning up themselves, searching for the strange phenomenon that just happened to them. There were a lot of search results, but they decided to look at the first article that she saw.

[Hanahaki Disease. A disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from unrequited love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings, or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love disappear.]