Can I Count on Your Love?

Pairings: Chris Evans x F!Reader

Part 2 of 3 - Can I...

Summary: Its been a year since the events of "Can I Count on Your Vote?" and you and Chris have some adult fun. But others decide its time for you two to end and one photo could destroy you both...

Word Count: 6.8k

Song: Adore You by Harry Styles

Warnings: Smut! Angst! Language, jealous, Chris in political mode, P in V, committed relationship, oral (M and F receiving), car sex,

Politics is a cat and mouse game. You are either chasing someone to bring them down or you are on the chopping block.

Being the youngest senator made you the easy target, someone that the old guard hated for changing the status quo.

Chris loved how ambitious, tenacious, strong, driven, and beautiful you were. You would both lay for hours in bed, talking about how you both would change the world. Chris had no aspirations to be in office, but you had the ultimate goal in mind: being the first female president. Germany had done it, Great Britain has female prime ministers, so why couldn't we do it here?

It was especially significant as the press and other political analysts were predicting that you could be the one to pull it off. The ASP chat helped launch your first bill about student debt in Congress, gaining the following of many around the country. It was touted as the first major move toward a potential historical presidential run. Chris said that ASP was doing even better because it was now being legitimized by everyone as a great source of verified information. That was his goal, to have a clean source of information for his fellow citizens.

Speaking of Chris, it's been about a year since you had decided to make it official. Well as official as it could be seen, it was still a secret to most of the world. After the ASP Chat on tuition went viral, a lot of speculation was made on whether the two of you were together due to the intense chemistry seen in the interview. But your teams made sure you were never photographed together; rendezvous were made on the low. Mostly it was you and Chris or your families hanging inside the gates of Chris's house or your heavily secured apartment in either California or DC. It was tough but you both made it work.

Gearing up for the next session of Congress, you were reviewing your schedule with Steve, your assistant, when your receptionist, Ava, came in with a huge bouquet of roses. There were at least three dozen in different shades of red, white and pink. You smiled, knowing it was probably from Chris. Ava sits them down in the corner of your desk. "There's a note, ma'am."

You plucked the little card with a smile as your team waited patiently.

I know your secret.

And a photo floated out of the envelope.