Attitude

Pairings: Steve Rogers x F! Reader

Summary: Its your birthday and somebody forgot....

Song: Birthday Sex - Jermih

A/N: This one I wrote just for me. A little smutty action for my readers on my birthday. You're welcome.

It would be that he would forget today

It would be that he would forget today. His mind is on the mission, concentrated on defeating the enemy and making sure his team is safe. Its not like he would do it on purpose. You make it possible for him to do his job but sometimes a little acknowledgement would go a long way. He pursued you, after all. You were just an analysis at the compound. Tony brought you in from your position at a Fortune 500 company because you were brilliant. And a party for the employees one night brought you to the forefront of Steve Rogers' world.

It was like a fairytale. He courted you, (yes, his words, courted), asked your father for permission to ask you to marry him. Tony had been so thrilled that Capsicle had found someone to thaw him out that he paid for a fairytale wedding as well. It was everything you ever dreamed of. Steve cried when he saw you walking down the aisle on your father's arm, causing you to cry. It was perfect.

But now, two years into it, you were just upset. Steve had acclimated to the 21st century. He had a phone to remind him of everything but this, this is the one day he forgot. So, you just took it in stride. What else could you do? The keys hitting the lock brought you out of your thoughts, going back to working on dinner. Dinner that was supposed to be special, not made by you. You shook your head as your husband walked through the door. "Hey sweetheart."

"Hi." You saw him drop his bag by the door. You tried not to get irritated. He supposed to put the bag in the laundry room and empty it. Be helpful, like you had asked. But you were so hurt from his forgetfulness already that you had no fight in you.

Steve comes and kisses your head. "Whatcha making?"

"Pasta." You drop the noodles in the pot to cook. "Ready in 10."

"Sounds good. I'm just going to change." He leaves the kitchen, and you mutter under your breath. "Sure, just leave your clothes everywhere." You finish up dinner and serve.