Chapter 7:

@ karadanvers@ lenaluthorWe love our sunshine! She's such a little fashionista and picks out all of her clothes for school, here's a couple of our favorite outfits she's chosen for the past two weeks

@ karadanvers
@ lenaluthor
We love our sunshine! She's such a little fashionista and picks out all of her clothes for school, here's a couple of our favorite outfits she's chosen for the past two weeks. She's just the sweetest and cutest girl ever. She's been having a lot more fun in school each day that goes by, her favorite subject is math and our girl is pretty good at it. She's also in a reading club at school and starts soccer soon. So in love with this girl!!

Violet "mommy look what I made at school", Lena "that is so pretty", it was a half day at school so Lena picked Violet up early and then bought her back to her job. Violet "Esme", Esme "can we go play", Alex "yeah. Just please be careful and don't touch anything that you shouldn't be touching", Esme "okay mommy", Lena "I thought you said we were picking her up and it's been two weeks", Kara "actually they are bringing her right now", Lena "right now. I wasn't told this", Kara "I know it was last minute, the social worker wanted to make sure that Charlie was ready to come and live with us", Lena "okay", Kara "they are downstairs", Lena "okay", Kara "hey Alex, could you keep an eye on Violet, well back in a few minutes", Alex "sure", Kara "thanks", Kara and Lena headed downstairs. Lena "is that them", Kara "yeah", "you must be Kara", Kara "yeah, I'm Kara and this is my girlfriend Lena", Lena "hi, nice to meet you", "this is Charlie", Kara "hi sweetheart", Charlie was quite a shy girl and didn't really like to talk, "do you two have in from here", Kara "yeah", Lena "do you wanna take my hand sweetie", Charlie took ahold of Lena's hand, as they entered the elevator and headed back up to their workplace. Lena "we will introduce you to everyone another day. We figured still you're still a bit nervous and that this is something new for you that we wanted you to get comfortable first. You can stay in my office if you want, or your little sister Violet is playing with Esme, your cousin. You could join them", Charlie pointed to the office, Lena "whatever makes you comfortable sweetie", Charlie went into the office and just started to read a book. Alex "I need some updates, I'm so confused", Lena "Charlie is Violet's older sister. We decided to adopt her, one more thing Charlie has powers", Kara "she has the ability to start fires with her mind, some experiment that was done on the biological parents is the reason to how she even got her powers", Alex "she was born with it", Lena "yeah", Alex "do you know what can trigger it", Lena "we were told that her being bullied will trigger it the most and when she feels angry, that'll cause her to freak out and use the power", Alex "and you thought it was a good idea to adopt a child with powers that can kill the both of you or the five year old you have", Kara "how could you say something like that Alex, I'd thought you'd be happy for us", Alex "she's dangerous", Kara "she's a child for god's sake. It doesn't matter if she might appear to be dangerous because of her ability and power, which she didn't ask for, but she's still a child", Alex "I don't want Esme around her", Kara "babe would you go get Violet, we're leaving", Lena "okay", Lena went and got Violet, Kara got Charlie and they left heading straight home. Charlie and Violet went to sleep early, while Kara felt nothing but heartbroken after what her sister did. She just wrote in her diary, trying to not think about what Alex did. She snook away to quickly fetch a glass of wine.