Was it Worth it? ~ Part 3

I walked out of the bathroom after washing my hands and looked around for Felix...he wasn't on the bench...maybe he was just dancing with Will and Martha or something. So I walked into the gym. "Felix?" I called out. Then I saw someone's body on the floor by the punch table. "Felix?!" I ran over and flipped the body over. It was Will. "Oh my god-" I stood up. "Felix?!" I called out. Now scrambling out the gym and down the classroom hallways. "Felix?! Are you here?!" There was a trail of blood going into Mr. Hoppers classroom. I opened the door and saw Barbara's body parts strewn across the room. I nearly gagged.

I continued looking calling out for Felix eventually making it to the courtyard door and looking out the window nearby seeing Samantha holding Felix's head underwater. He struggled against her. I ran into the courtyard. "Let him go!" I heard Felix try to talk. Bubbles went up to the top of the water. I ran over to Samantha and tried to ply her away from him. She shoved me away I hit my head on the edge of the fountain and everything went black.

~★~

It was weeks after prom. Marty sat at the dinner table across from Samantha. Both were eating a steak dinner. Marty had a juice box of A- blood in it. His favorite. The O's  and A+ were ok. AB was too sour and Bs were too sweet. But A- was just right. Felix had A-... Marty stared at his food. "Why aren't you eating?" Samantha questioned looking at him. "Why'd you hurt him?" Marty looked up at Samantha. "What did you gain?" "I gained you..." She smiled sweetly. "Now eat up your food and it's getting cold..." Marty quietly ate his food. He was stuck in this relationship. She was a black widow and he was caught in her web. There was no escape.

~★~

By the time I woke up Samantha had left. I got up and put my hand against my head. It hurts like hell. When I looked at my hand it was covered in blood. "Fuck-" I mumbled. Then I looked at the fountain. "Felix!" I ran over to his body and pulled it out of the fountain. His face was blue. "Felix speak to me please-" I set him down on the ground and started doing CPR. Maybe...just maybe he'd come back. Nothing worked but I couldn't just leave him.

I brought him into the gym Samantha was on stage putting the prom queen sash on. Her hands stained with blood. She looked at me and grabbed a knife. "Stop-" I yelled she stopped. "You- you can't become queen without a king Samantha-" I stammered holding Felix close. "P-please spare me and...and I'll be your king." She sighs putting the knife down picking up the prom king crown. "I suppose... you'll do..." She smiled walking over to me and lifting my head getting the blood of the others on my chin as she placed the stolen crown on my head. Once she let go I looked back at Felix. I began to cry holding him close. "Don't cry... you'll embarrass me." She walked back onto the stage. "And for prom queen Miss Samantha Webb!" She declared putting the crown in her head. "Oh thank you! You're too sweet!"

The rest has been told before. We danced. The police came. And I protected her. Now I'm stuck in a living hell that I can't escape without dying.