Comfort Pillow (Dad Sukuna)

Blood.

Swimming.

Gasping.

Choking.

Drowning.

Screaming.

A wailing shriek tore past Besu's lips as her eyes flooded with moonlight through her window. She clutched her throat and scrutinized the room. No...her room.

Vivid images of threatening blades and strangling hands haunted her as consciousness returned. Panting, she sat up and whipped her head around - a final once over to seek out intruders. Her knees hugged her chest and her comforter enveloped her, shielding her from the dangers of the world.

Are you alright, Little One? Baekho chuffed.

"There's too much blood." Besu choked on her words, shoving her palms into her eyes to black out the carnage hiding behind her eyelids. ""It hurts. I want my daddy."

Go to him.

And though she knew her father would refuse her, the dark, encroaching fingers from her nightmares were a lot scarier than her father's wrath.

Sukuna slept fitfully through Besu's screams...normally. After her attempted murder, however, the sound broke through his dream fog and he grunted as his eyes opened. As soon as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." He called, sitting up and dragging his fingers through his hair.

Besu crept into the room, eyes barely contained in her trembling frame.

"Da–...Father?" She whispered. "M-May I come sleep with you?"

Father denoted respect and a distance between the two of them. A distance he'd fought to maintain up until he'd realized he didn't have the heart to kill her. He'd quickly put an end to her use of Daddy or Dad. Such childish prattle was not fitting for the Princess of Curses.

"What have I done to make you think that's acceptable?" He told himself he'd sound more intimidating if he weren't so sleepy,

The softening of his heart couldn't be stopped as she stared at him, so afraid and dependent on his protection.

"I had a nightmare...I'm scared." She took a step forward, testing the waters.

"What sort of nightmares?"

"There was blood. I was choking and dying." She fingered the dark red comforter, only a movement away from him. "Can I please sleep here tonight?"

"Besu..." He sighed, but sleep weighed heavy on him.

"Please, Father?" She begged, touching his hand and giving him an astonishing pair of kitten eyes.

"sigh...this one time."

One time or not, Besu hopped into his bed and snuggled into the protective warmth of his chest as if she'd done it her whole life. Sukuna, for his part, found himself stunned. Feeling Besu's little body holding onto him so tight, he instinctively sheltered her in his four arms. Before he could stop himself, his lips pressed firmly against the top of her head.

Have I grown so soft? He thought irritably, rocking her back and forth. Almost instantly, her shaky breaths stretched out into a steady, deep rhythm until her full weight rested against him.

"Why is it so difficult to hate you?" He huffed, curling his fingers through her hair. His harsh, sadistic nature subsided as he gently worked his digits through each tangle he found. "I've always been alone and perfectly capable of vile acts on my own. You and I have trained to make sure you were a child born with the most evil intentions. How have you managed to tame this feral heart?"

Besu snoozed on as Sukuna whispered his dilemma, the only time he'd ever allow himself to admit these things to her. And as she slept, he sang mellow baritone notes.

"King of Curses, King of Woe.

Exiled by the crowd below.

Found an angel in your path;

the one exception to your wrath.

Broken man, you used to be,

now a curse, a roaring sea

of arrogance and feral rage.

Keep your feelings in a cage.

Now she's here, a warm and glowing light.

Warming me, the cold eternal night.

You could make me right..."

Sukuna's voice broke off, choking on the last line. His eyes sparkled with starlight as tears shimmered against his cheeks. He leaned his head down to Besu's sleeping ear.

"You could make me whole."