Seeing Stripes (Dad Sukuna)

"I think you're crazy." Besu huffed at her tiger companion, kicking the gravel beneath her feet. "Why try to make friends when they're only going to try and take my power or gain influence with my father?"

"You don't know everyone seeks to harm you." Baekho chuffed and rubbed against her leg. "It is not good for you to be alone."

"I have you."

"I cannot be the only one you interact with, Little One."

"Yeah? Why not?"

"You're eleven now." Baekho licked Besu's hand once. "You need others around you to support you. Your father and I can only provide so much. You need peers your own age you can learn to trust and socialize with."

"I don't need anyone else."

. . . . .

As she'd gotten older, Sukuna trained Besu extensively in her use of cursed energy and techniques. She no longer feared walking through the streets of Shibuya. Those who initially viewed Besu's life as free game soon learned the extent of Baekho's wrath.

"Your father is worried about you, you know."

That gave Besu pause, but only for a moment. Then, she shoved her hands in her pockets and redoubled her pace, storming down the streets. She shoulder-checked a fruit vendor and the cabbage man, sending glares at anyone who met her eyes.

"Cub, you know he cares about you. As hard as it is for him to show it, he wants you to be happy, even if he doesn't fully understand why." Baekho continues. "Your need for companionship is as evident as the stripes on my back."

"Yeah, well, I don't know where I'd find that." Besu sighed, kicking a pebble in her path. "Father only teaches me how to fight."

"Perhaps he teaches you to fight because it is the only thing he knows."

Besu opened her mouth to respond when a green-haired man flung himself in front of her.

"May your reign be short-lived, Princess–" His voice abruptly ended as Baekho caught him in her teeth and crushed his bones between her jaws.

She dropped his body in the street and kept walking with Besu, whose expression didn't change.

"He homeschools me and teaches me everything at home. Am I just supposed to walk out in the streets and befriend the first person I see?" Besu gestured with her hand and it smacked straight into a boy with white hair. "I am so sorry." She squeaked, covering her mouth with her hands. In an instant, Baekho's spirit drew back into her body.

"Pfft. Was that supposed to hurt?" The young boy rolled his eyes behind a pair of stark, black sunglasses. Based on the cursed energy radiating from him, there was only one person he could be.

"Was that supposed to insult me?" Besu quipped back, quirking an eyebrow at him. One pair of hands stayed in her pockets, but the other pair rested on her hips in irritation.

"You're the daughter of the Curse King." The boy said, tilting his head as his posture reflected her own. "Besu, right?"

"Yes." She nodded. "And you are?"

"The princess of the Curse King doesn't know who I am?" He scoffed.

"I know who you are, but I'm giving you the option of introducing yourself before I confirm that you are, in fact, an asshole." Besu shuffled her feet, reaching out to Baekho with her mind. Keep an eye on him. I sense no threat from him. He seems to be cautious, like you.

The boy's lips twisted into a smirk at her attitude.

"I like your style, Princess of Curses. I'm Gojo. Satoru Gojo." His smirk disappeared as soon as it surfaced. "Why are you out here? Fancy a destructive stroll through the streets?"