You're Hired! (Magic)

(Not really, just some random 7/11 in the middle of North Carolina.)

Ok, let's start the story:

Let's start with Catty. Princess Caterina Meowlina Etheriana. But just Catty for short. I have cat ears, (Yeah, one of those anime cat ladies) pink, wavy hair, AND, can turn into a feline at will!

This is the story of how I, a meek and mild gas station attendant found love in the MOST unlikely place.

Ok, so I was standing in front of a bored, mumbling, zit-faced guy, who was like my supervisor.

"Yeah, so... all you have to do is whenever a customer at your pump asks for you to pump gas for them, just do it..." He shrugged his shoulders. His name was Brian. All he did was watch TikTok, press some buttons on the register, shrug, and mumble.

I did so much more.

"Ok! I'm excited to be starting!" Even though I WANTED to become a singer, but I had to do this to pay for lessons! My 'Etheriana mission,' which are the missions given to my sisters and I has me doing this, and I can't use any royal money. I wonder what my mission's pointing me towards...

Suddenly, there was a yell from behind. I turned around, and a middle-aged man was standing there. "HEY! I DON'T HAVE ALL DAYYYY! PUMP MY GAS FOR MEEEEE!" Ugh, this was going to be annoying... Customer's always right, I guess. The guy pays for his gas upfront.

"Alright, sir, just direct me to your car!" I say, attempting to be perky.

"Over here." The man says.

We go to his beat-up car. "Ok, just allow me to pump!" I start pumping gas, but the guy keeps loudly talking with his mouth full to 'hrrrr urrr..." (Hurry up)

I finished, and the guy just jumped in his car without paying his tip! (I don't know much about people pumping gas for you irl, so I don't know much about tipping)

"Drat." I said out loud, looking down.

"First time?" A voice said beside me.

I turned to see the other attendant. A woman with brown hair.

"Ugh, yeah..."

"Yeah, sometimes they get a bit stingy about tips... Name's Lita. You must be Princess Catty." Lita said.

"Yeah, but you can just call me Catty." Suddenly, we hear the revving of engines in the distance.

Lita makes an annoyed expression. "Oh, god, it's the 'humungo-squad' again..."

I was confused. "What the heck is that?"

"Yeah, you're about to find out... These crazy peeps are from the Mad Max universe. They only come every once in a while, but every time they come, it's a show..." Lita rolls her eyes.

Wow... What kind of 'show' could it be? These guys sure have weird, fast vehicles... I was looking around at all of them, with their weird clothes and hairstyles. I noticed two on one motorcycle, with a guy with a red mohawk, leather clothes, and insane eyes. Riding behind him was a kind of cute guy with blonde hair.

Then, I saw him...

(Magic by Pilot)

Riding in a muscle car, was the biggest, strongest, albeit most weirdly dressed man I'd ever seen. Even though his face was behind a hockey mask, I knew then it was love at first sight. T-those ARMS! I short-circuited when I saw him for the first time.

Suddenly, a strangely dressed man approached us, and said "Greetings from the Humungus!" Yeah, if he's talking about hockey mask guy, that's the perfect description... "The LORD Humungus! The Warrior of the Wastelands!" 'Warrior of the Wastelands' who were these people? I didn't know about Mad Max back then. "The Ayatollah of Rock and ROLLAH!" Now, I know I said I short-circuited when I saw him just sitting, but when he stood up and turned on his microphone, I almost had a FULL system meltdown. (Anime nosebleed)

Anyway, this man starts giving this whole speech about 'giving us gas or die,' that Lita just facepalmed through, but I wasn't even listening. I was staring at those pecs, those arms, those HIPS! (SHAKIRA, SHARKIRA!) The Lord Humungus guy then said 'Just walk away,' meaning if we just give he and his buddies free gas, they'll just leave. That VoIceeee! Now, I knew he was just putting on a show because I could literally see half of the attendants (The ones who had worked there longest, along with Lita) just giggling and rolling their eyes, but the newbies were TERRIFIED.

"WHO WILL FUEL UP MY VEHICLE?" Lita and her group were just joking about who should do it this time, and the newbies were scrambling to find other cars. Now, I KNEW I had to take this chance. I HAD to get close to this... this man...

I slowly raised my hand, and in a quiet, meek voice, "I-I'll do it..."

Lord Humungus laughed "HAHAHA! 'Pretty little kitty?' Go on ahead!" Hey, don't mock me because I'm a cat, I want you to be my future boyfriend or something...

Face completely red, I tiptoe over to his car. I grab the pump, fumble nervously, and drop it! "O-oh, I-I'm sorry..." I said, grinning sheepishly. I managed to get the nozzle in, but I could hardly squeeze the trigger, because my hand was so sweaty! Suddenly, I could feel a hand on my hand. Oh. MY.. I looked, and HIS HAND WAS HELPING SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER WITH MEEEEEE! He's nice after allll!

"I'm just doing this because we haven't got all day." So much for 'nice...' Anyway, the car got filled, and he handed me the tip.

"Here. For a job well done, fuel bearer!" Lord Humungus said. When I tried to get it from his hand, my brain short-circuited, and I dropped the money! In a wonderfully cliche moment, we both went to grab it at the same time!

"T-thank you..." *I said, grinning and blushing.*

He went to get back in his car, and it happened. His arm, his huge, solid, powerful arm brushed up against mine by accident. I then felt something wet on my nose. Oh, no. My first ever anime nosebleed. I sneakily go to the bathroom to clean up.

I stare at myself in the mirror, imagining Humungus with his arms around me...

So, there you have it! The first of my saga on how I came to be a meek, cat-eared gas station clerk, to crushing on the most dangerous gasoline hog in the wastelands!

To be continued...