Cannon Fodder with Replaced Memory

"Mr. Gu?" Chen Tong looked at Gu Xi with a gloomy face and called in a low voice.

  Gu Xi suddenly came to his senses, then pursed her thin lips tightly, stood up and left.

  The bodyguard guarding the door followed almost immediately.

  "Where is Lin Jiu?" Gu Xi asked in a deep voice.

  "A new identity has been arranged for him, and he will be able to monitor Miss Jiang tomorrow."

  "Um."

  Chapter 125 Cannon Fodder with Replaced Memory 07

  Inside the tin house.

  It's raining again in the metropolis, and the cool breeze blows in, making the dim light bulbs sway, and the light in the house also keeps swaying.

  Ji Wei sat on the sofa, his hands placed squarely on his knees, his pale face expressionless.

  He couldn't see it, but the light was always on, as if he was waiting for someone to return home.

  Jiang Fei has been away for five days.

  During these five days, there was no news about her at all.

  He also didn't speak for five days.

  Going to the black market by herself was tantamount to going to die.

  There was no need for her to go for him.

  She just has Ranran's memory, and memory is not emotion. She doesn't have to go to places where even Ranran wouldn't dare to set foot.

  Besides, he clearly remembered that the person she once liked was Gu Xi.

  Why would you die for him now?

  Ji Wei couldn't understand or even know where her courage came from. Was it worth risking her life on an uncertainty in him?

  Such strong feelings on her part were foreign to him.

  But so novel.

  He wanted to restore the light and longed for revenge, but he was afraid.

  He didn't even know what he was afraid of.

  Are you afraid that your only hope of revenge will disappear, that you will never be able to regain your sight, and that you will have to huddle in a slum for the rest of your life as a blind man and a cripple?

  Or are you afraid... that something will happen to the woman who would order herself to be responsible for three meals a day, but would give her good medicine, and now she goes to the black market for him to try out risks?

  It was also at this time that several very light knocks on the door suddenly sounded, accompanied by the sound of rain outside, which was particularly inconspicuous.

  Ji Wei suddenly came back to her senses, her hands clenched tightly, but she laughed at herself the next second.

  Jiang Fei's fingerprints were recorded on the door, so she didn't have to knock on the door.

  Ji Wei's eyes darkened, he slowly stood up and opened the door.

  Except for the sound of rain outside the door, there was deathly silence.

  Ji Wei listened carefully and paused, and could faintly hear the sound of breathing, which was very familiar.

  He was startled: "Who?"