Prologue

A heavy sigh leaves my lips. My ears have burst and the sound of distant cheering floods my ears. My body aches, a warm liquid runs down my head. I push myself up to see a pool of red slowly forming next to my face. The floor is made of bricks, stained with old red splatters. I knew already what it was. Blood. The smell filled my nostrils, it was almost nauseating. I look up in front of me, seeing a giant brutish man wielding a rusty hacksaw. The giant lumbers towards me like a clumsy oaf. 

I grit my teeth and put all my remaining strength into my arms. I don't even get halfway before falling back onto the floor. A small tear runs down my face as I slowly come to the realisation that my demise is imminent. 

How... How did I even get here? In this very situation? 

It started off as a normal day for me. I woke up, got dressed, had breakfast and then went to school. First class of the day was always the most draining for me. Probably because I still had to wake up properly. My day progressed pretty normally from there. Except, I got held back for after school detention. The reason? I didn't do homework for Maths. And my Maths teacher was a bitch. So I had no choice but to do the homework after school. 

But my torment wasn't even over after I completed the homework. My Maths teacher kept me around to help her sort out some test papers for an upcoming exam for the younger year groups. By the time I had finished helping, it was dark out. And I hated venturing out into the city at dark. Under normal circumstances, I'd enjoy a night time walk. It was the threat of the Ghouls, man-eating creatures who could easily devour you, that ruined it for me. 

So... With no choice, I had to begin my journey to head back home. I lived alone in an apartment far from my school. Roughly, it takes me around an hour or two to reach school from my apartment. So I prepared myself for a long journey. 

The last thing I remember before finding myself here was getting off a train and someone grabbed me, covered my face with a damp rag. 

And now... Here I am. Lying down, beaten and bloodied at the feet of a fat bastard wielding a hacksaw. I make one last push to try and lift myself up, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I flop back down onto the ground and exhale one last time before I feel myself pass out. 

The giant lifts his hacksaw and swings it down onto us. But we will not let him kill us! Taking control, I extend a black tendril from the back of my host, grabbing the hacksaw and throwing it away. 

Brute: Huh?! 

We stand up and leap onto the brute, pinning him down. We reel our right fist back and throw it forward, coating our fist in black tendrils which envelop the brute's head. With the brute's head in our grasp, we squeeze and begin to crush his skull. Muffled groans and screams try to breach through the pathetic waste of life, but none reach the ears of the audience. In one squeeze, the satisfying crunch of his skull reaches our ears, making us feel delight in our first ever kill together. We release whatever was left of the giant's head, revealing a mashed together skull and brain matter. 

We get off the brute's body and look out at the audience. They all wear different sets of masks. Most of them having some sort of resemblance to opera. We shake our head and begin to make our escape, using black tendrils to lift us off the ground and send us flying through the ceiling. 

It was rather easy to escape from that pitiful excuse of a base. Soon after, we arrived at our apartment. Wanting my host to rest, we climb under the blankets, pull it over our body and return control back to the boy. 

Together...

We will heal the world of those savage-type of Ghouls