Intervention

The rest of the shift went by smoothly. Nothing out of the ordinary and for that, I was relieved. After seeing Tsukiyama again, I was terrified about what would've happened. I'm still a little uneasy about that encounter. 

As soon as my shift ended, I left Anteiku and made my way back home, constantly looking behind me out of fear that Tsukiyama was stalking me. I had just arrived at home and made my way to the kitchen. I open the fridge and grab a can of soda. Opening it, I take a small sip and sit down on the sofa. I reached out to the remote and used the black tendrils to pick it up. A low chuckle leaves my lips as I turn on the TV. 

Mutasim: Not gonna lie, these tendrils are pretty sweet.

I begin to scroll through the channels on the TV mindlessly, searching for anything that seemed the slightest bit interesting. The screen constantly switches through different programs. Sports, news, dramas, everything. And nothing got my attention. Was I really that bored? I groan as I turn the TV off and lean back into the sofa. Suddenly, I feel a vibration in my pocket, making me frown. I reach in and pull out my phone, seeing a message from Touka. Opening it, I see her asking me about the revision session tomorrow. 

Touka: "Hey. Forgot to ask what time you're available tomorrow."

Mutasim: "Oh yeah. I'll be fine with whatever time. You decide, I'm not picky."

Touka: "K. Be here by 3pm?"

Mutasim: "Sounds good. 👍"

Touka: "See you then"

I turn off my phone and take another sip out of my soda can. I stand up and take a few steps towards my bedroom. Before I'm able to grab the door handle, I hear a knock on my apartment door. A frown came to my face. Who was knocking on my door at this time? 

???: Don't open that. 

A deep and mysterious voice spoke. I spin my head around, trying to find out where it came from. Whatever it was, I couldn't see it. As if the voice wasn't creepy enough. The knocks repeat themselves, getting louder. I take a deep breath and open the door. Upon opening the door, I'm shoved backwards as a group of people in suits wield guns and storm my apartment! They begin to turn the place upside down and scream and shout as they search the entire apartment. I open my mouth to question what the hell they're doing, but a few of the people hold me up at gunpoint, keeping me silent. 

I raise my hands in surrender, not wanting to get shot. After some time has passed, the people all return to the main room and keep their guns trained on me. One of the men are wearing a formal suit and holds a briefcase in their right hand. 

Man: Where is it? 

Mutasim: W-Where's what? 

Man: Don't play dumb. The black goo. We have eye witnesses stating they saw a black goo in this apartment. Now where is it? Where are you keeping it? 

Mutasim: I-I honestly don't know what you're talking about. What black goo? 

Man: Men? 

The soldiers around me all cock their guns, getting ready to fire at me! All of a sudden, black tendrils blast out of my body, knocking all of them away from me! 

Mutasim: Holy shit! 

The tendrils all retract inside of me and I don't waste a single moment before running out of the apartment. As I exit the room, I hear the man barking orders to the soldiers. I run down to the end of the hallway and storm down the stairs as fast as I can. I manage to go down a single floor before running into more soldiers. They all aim their rifles at me and begin to fire. As soon as they fired, I felt my body begin to move on its own. My right hand became enveloped in black tendrils and formed a giant circle shield, absorbing the bullets! I look down at my body to see it being enveloped entirely in the black goo before it forms some kind of suit.