Like Nothing Even Happened

I feel myself begin to wake up. The warmth of a bed and blanket prolongs my rest just a little while longer before I return to my senses. Upon opening my eyes, I wake up to stare at the ceiling of my apartment. Sunlight floods my room from the window, almost hitting me in the face. I push myself to sit up and take a look down at my body, seeing I was dressed in a black t-shirt and jeans. 

Mutasim: What kind of dream was that? And... Why do I feel like I've had the best sleep of my life? 

I question myself, curious about the whole thing. It was a crazy dream though. Even crazier is that it all felt so real. That giant guy, the crowd of masked people... It was intense. I rub my head and throw the blanket off me. I get out of bed and take a look at my phone. My eyes widen as I see the time. It's 7:30! It takes me too damn long to get to school! 

I jump to my desk, grab my backpack, shove all my books and papers into the bag and then sprint out the door. I continue running and reach the elevator, repeatedly pressing the button. It takes a while to arrive, but the doors open...

Only for the elevator to already be full of people. I groan in annoyance and run to the stairs, heading down as fast as I possibly can. I reach the second flight of stairs from the bottom before jumping down to the ground floor. Upon landing, I continue sprinting to the exit. Immediately upon leaving the building, I turn to my right and continue sprinting as if my life depended on it. Considering how many times I've fallen asleep during class, I'm pretty sure my life did depend on me attending! 

Somehow, I feel myself running so much faster and longer than I could before. Did I have that good a rest last night? I shake my head from every other thought and focus solely on getting to school. My legs just keep moving almost with a mind of their own. I keep running until I reach the train station. Right when I was about to feel relief that I caught the train, the doors close and the train begins to move. 

Mutasim: FUCK! 

I shout, not even trying to hide my frustration. I receive a few stares from people but nobody says anything. I was about to wait for the next train, but my body lunged towards the already moving train! Before I knew it, I was jumping onto it, gripping the top of the train tightly. Confusion, shock and fear flooded my mind. I was 100% sure I didn't even do this by myself! My hands maintain a tight grip on the top of the train until I reach the next stop where I drop down onto the platform. The doors opened up and I immediately walk inside. People stare at me, stunned at what I did, but I keep my head lowered with headphones on. 

I take a look at my phone and realise I had somehow sped from my apartment to the station in about 20 minutes! It's usually an hour, hour and a half, walk! But I ran all of that in 20 minutes?! There had to be something different. There is no logical sense that I could make that! I shake my head and wait out the rest of the ride. 

It takes some time but I arrive at my stop and I run to my school. It didn't take me long and I manage to get through the front gates. The sweet sensation of relief fills my body as I let out a heavy sigh. After taking a moment to catch my breath, I make my way to the first class of the day. 

I manage to get inside just in time and see the teacher was taking attendance. 

Teacher: Mr Lycan. Just in time for once. Take your seat. 

I nod and walk to my desk. 

Mutasim: Sorry. 

I sit down and get my books out and prepare for my first lesson of the day. School progressed normal as usual, but I was often stuck in thought about my own speed. I hadn't been working out and I knew for a fact that I had never even come close to that kind of speed before. And when I jumped onto the train... That wasn't me moving. My body just moved by itself! How do I explain that?!