Chapter 62

Story Continues.....
The next day ( At funeral )-

Parky gale gusted over the place.... vehement screeching reverberated.....

A congregation present in a concourse mourned for the one laying on a bed made from dry woods.....a doleful moment for some.

It was time..... time for the official goodbye from him to those who ever associated with him. A young and thriving person this world lost.

Arjun Merchant, Age : 52 , Reason of death : Natural cause / Heartattack.

Everyone showed their condolences, his haters, his rivals, his friends, his family, his child- no maybe not him.

They all looked at the body laid on a white cloth, wrapped in the same coloured cloth and flowers everywhere around it. It was hard to accept- this healthy looking person who was maybe smiling and breathing few hours ago is now placed on his death bed.

"Yatharth?"

A stuttering voice of a woman called out. Her eyes prickled yet she looked around to spot him. Her and her dead husband's only son.

Heads turned around.... a man came breaking through the human chain. A rolled up black shirt and formal black pants..... tattoos peeping out from his neck and veiny arms.... a silver chain dangling on his neck... and finally an impassive face.

Confusion raised in people's mind just like his mother. Black? At his own father's funeral? More tears left her fragile eyes but she chose ignorance.

Ignorance of those questions that people might throw on her face. She always knew her son's and her husband's bond so this isn't a staggering moment for her.

She saw her son walking towards the corpse of his father but didn't spare him a glance. Hatred, she saw pure hatred in his eyes.

Lastly- a formality for him, he took the burning piece of wood from the man standing besides and stared at his father's face. Ohh- only if he got to do the same while this dead man was alive.

That would have given him the satisfaction for so many lives.....

Without a secondary thought he threw the piece of wood in the middle of many and watched the small flame gradually turn into a horrendous fire. A fire that calmed his inner flames...

"Finally you set him on fire." The man besides him taunted scoffing while a faint smirk appeared on his face.

Yeah dead or alive- doesn't matter.... atleast now his so called father was out of his life.

His smirk didn't last long as a loud weeping noise made it's way to his ears...

"Failed man, made a woman cry again." He said looking at his father's body burning into ashes as his mother couldn't control herself now.

But does she even deserve his comfort? Maybe...

He thought and looked over at her who fell on her knees and kept sobbing while another woman kneeled down making her stop.

He felt stuck.... stuck in a pendulum that kept him in motion from one end to another.... there was nothing in middle just like how there was no him between his parents.

Nonetheless he kept watching her cry, his heart ached seeing a defenceless woman cry. It reminded him of someone....

Someone just as powerless and fragile. The only difference was his mother didn't deserve his mercy while his someone deserved his everything... his love... his softness.... his time..... his loyalty....

His thoughts came to a halt hearing cars entering the place. His eyes examined through concourse which now seemed vanished before his eyes landed on the cars that stopped right behind him.