A Bone-Shattering Battle

The three of you hop through the fourth floor window with ease thanks to Uraraka's quirk; the building is dark, the only natural light coming from the minimal windows— very inconvenient for you.

"There are a lot of blind spots, so be careful." Midoriya whispers as the three of you quietly slink through the halls. Midoriya carefully peeks around each corner you turn, with Uraraka watching out from behind. You follow closely behind Midoriya.

Suddenly, he gasps, and Bakugo appearing from around the corner, blasters out and lifted to attack. You, knowing that this would happen, grab the scruff of both of your teammates costumes and harshly yank them away from Bakugo's line of fire. He ends up blasting into the wall, smoke filling the thin hallway and obstructing your line of sight. You almost trip, but luckily the three of you are still untouched.

"What's the matter? Too scared to stand up and fight?" Bakugo taunts, waving away the smoke with his arm. You stay silent— there is no need to intervene just yet, especially working with limited energy.

"I knew you'd come at us first—try to take us by surprise!" Midoriya responds, body shifting into a defense stance. You quickly copy him, fists moving to protect your upper midsection. Bakugo ignores his comment.

"I won't hurt you so much they'll have to stop the fight Deku— but damn if i'll get close!" Bakugo smirks sprinting towards Midoriya, fist pulled back and at the ready. Midoriya, ever the strategist, moves forward, grabbing Bakugo by the shoulder and forearm before flipping him over and onto his back. Bakugo chokes on the impact, unable to react in time. He sits up, quickly recovering himself, then shifting his head to glare at Midoriya with murderous intent.

"You can keep calling me Deku. Because from now on Deku is the name of a hero!" Midoriya shouts with confidence, although the anxious rattling of his figure communicates otherwise. Bakugo stands up, small explosions glittering in the palm of his hands. Midoriya stands shakily, fists at the ready.

"Deku..." Bakugo growls in a terrifying tone, "You're shaking in your boots you're so scared...but you wanna fight me anyway. THAT'S WHY I HATE YOU!!"

You, feeling as though you've let Midoriya stand up for himself for long enough to have some character development, prepare to take action. You hear faint noise coming from Bakugo's earpiece, but he rips it out without responding. You turn to Uraraka, whom you've been defensively guarding behind you the whole time (even if you know she doesn't really need it).

"Uraraka, if you can go find the weapon we will take care of Bakugo." You quietly command, to which she nods nervously. Bakugo aims his arm at the ground, massive sparks beginning to form in his palms. he turns to look at you, making both you and Midoriya's eyes widen. "Uraraka, go!"

Uraraka's figure quickly disappears down the dark hallway and Bakugo, propelled by the blast from his explosions, rushes towards you with a flying kick. Left unprepared by his sudden shift in focus, you're unable to dodge, the kick landing on the "X" you've made with your arms to guard your chest. It's painful, and force sends your feet stumbling off balance, but as you feel yourself about to fall backwards, you get an idea.

"Stop talking about me like I'm some kind of bug!" He shouts at you, heavy boots digging deeper into the skin of your arms. You ignore his words, shifting your arms to wrap around his ankle. His eyes widen, hands beginning to spark again, but it's too late, and using your enhanced strength you fling him behind you and into a nearby wall. You free fall harshly to the floor, arms just barely cushioning your face.. Midoriya quickly rushes to your side, bending down to help you up.

"Are you okay?" He asks worriedly, stretching an arm out for you to grab. You nod, ignoring the newfound pain in your nose. Bakugo recovers quickly, not wasting a second before throwing his arms back in preparation to blast at you once more. To your surprise, though, Midoriya grabs you by the hand and quickly drags you around the corner and through the building's winding hallways. You faintly hear aggressive shouting from behind you, but neither of you bother to stop.