idalia

So, the culprits were just Princes Junta, Uthman, Vladimir, and Jayvyn? What a turned of event. Lady Idalia followed into the room behind Princess Han who were bringing a first-aid kit.

Prince Albert was still staring at Lilian, who was knocked out on the sofa. Maybe he was like everybody in this room, concerned for the poor girl. Or perhaps this experience just intensified his attraction towards Lilian.

What did Lilian have that Lady Idalia did not? They were both orphaned, both made to work for their own living expenses. Even though Idalia was considered an aristocratic lady, she lived life like a middle class who was relying on this scholarship at Poposi. Not all noble families can keep their generational wealth. Just like Lady Idalia, Lilian also lost her luxury lifestyle very young. Their shared fate brought a light of empathy into Lady Idalia's cracked heart.

A part of Lady Idalia wished that Lilian would stay unconscious forever. But that would mean Prince Albert would never had closure, forever wondering what might happen to Lilian if he was there earlier to protect her.

"You looked pissed," Prince Charles commented.

Lady Idalia sighed. "Just exhausted."

Prince Charles hummed, watching the people interact. Mostly Prince Shintarou and Prince Junta talking. The American blond tilted his head, before asking the Arimighti, "Isn't your best friend going to ERA soon?" A bright smile flashed on his close-eyed face.

Lady Idalia scowled. "Rena. If she gets killed there, then I am only buying the cheapest funeral flowers."

"Because that's all you can afford?" He teased, grinning.

"Shut up." Lady Idalia crossed her arms, rolling her eyes. "Where are you leading on, son of Pres Caesarius?"

Prince Charles gave that same smile that he always had in public. He didn't falter at her rudeness. He knew her. She was a grumpy girl. Stress really ate her flesh; he could see her bone structure on her skin. She didn't touch any food tonight at the ballroom just now.

Lady Idalia didn't like the idea of Rena attending ERA. The culture there was brutal, more crueler than Poposi girls. The princesses at Poposi were still able to be controlled or manipulated to certain extents. But Ever Realm? The royals were silent beasts attacking at precise vulnerability.

"Dalia, my brothers do like you," Prince Charles snapped her LRT of thoughts. His brothers, the twin princes of Norway, have met Lady Idalia last month during their vacation at her home country. Prince Caesar, especially, bonded over her wide range of knowledge on the violence and battle strategies prominently taught in the older days of her people. "Caesar asks if you want to have a pie eating competition with him."

The traditional game played by Lady Idalia's grandparents' generation.

"I have work," she said.

"Winner gets a prize in cash," Prince Charles enthusiastically said, hoping she would agree.

Now that he got her attention, "How much?"

"10 grand. US dollars."

She looked uninterested.

"20 grand."

The Norwegian Prince's appetite was definitely going to win.

"50 grand.'

"Deal," Lady Idalia quickly closed the deal.