one

CHAPTER ONEfirst aid

CHAPTER ONE
first aid

‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ THE LOUD THUD of the volleyball hitting the surface of the polished wooden floor echoed through the empty gymnasium, Kageyama Tobio — a first year in Karasuno high being the only one left behind in the gym because he desperately begged his captain to leave the keys for him to practice his serves.

The sun had already set and the air was getting chilly outside second by second and Kageyama knew he should probably pack up by now but he just couldn't bring himself to after he missed his serve a few days ago in a practice match. It only happened once.. but he was so frustrated with himself, unable to let it go. It was hard being a perfectionist.

"Fuck.." He cursed under his breath, finally releasing his clenched fists as he stared down at his hands which were now red from the amount of times his hands made contact with the ball. With a sigh, he quickly swiped sweat off his face with his arm and bent down to pick up another ball but was stopped by a step that wasn't his.

His head jerked towards the direction in an instant, only for his gaze to be met by a girl's with blood dripping down her forehead.

"Thank god.." She uttered, a small smile crept up to her face when she saw him. His eyes widened in panic and immediately ran to her side.

"Are you okay?" He asked, unsure of what to do at such a time like this.

"Yeah yeah, it's all good. I just.. kind of fell off my bike" She casually shrugged him off and sat down by the door, her back leaning on the wall. Kageyama's eyes watched as she ran her hands through her bloodied hair.

His eyes narrowed at the sight, "Uh.. you're bleeding"

"I know.. do you guys have a first aid kit or something? That would really help"

"I'll go get it"

He jogged all the way over to their clubroom and picked a red and white box from the top shelf before making his way back to her. He sat down in silence together with a injured girl he didn't even know as she treated her own wound. He insisted on helping but she refused.