Chapter 1

Now how the actual hell did we end up here..? It seems like days ago we were all able to walk the streets peacefully and laugh with each other, now even having a cat is a liability. Doppelgangers, the creatures that started this hell riot and make us live in it, if you thought humans were on the top of the food chain your dead wrong, these things are.

It all started when people would get lost in the woods, it was small amounts basically unnoticeable, then it got bigger, whole ground would disappear and end up on the television. So like any other normal person we avoided the woods at all costs. Only going in when needed and not far so people couldn't see us.

Then it was mysterious half eaten corpses that appeared in ally's for all of daylight to see, everyone then started staying inside not daring to leave their house at dark...

And then the first dopple appearance, there was a cop that had a 3rd eye, and that was enough for the government to raise red flags. Hence why they are called 'doppelgangers' due to them being able to mimic appearances. So when this issue got too serious, people dying left and right the government made the D.D.D and new laws and security measurements.

And that's when you come in! You were an average girl, you moved to the city after you were hired for a doorman position in an apartment complex. Now the D.D.D will basically hire anyone due to the desperation for a doorman. You were just lucky enough to see it. The city life was slightly dangerous believe it or not, the really smart doppelgangers would hide there and kill the town's people one by one and not wanting to be one of them you grabbed an opportunity and ran with it.

You were looking around as the cab that was hired for you drove you to your destination. The hours were calming as you saw the busy streets and giant buildings. Something you were DEFINITELY not used to.

"Were here ma'am" The cab driver speaks up instantly grabbing your attention. You smile and nod your head, kindly as you thank him and get out, grabbing all of your things from the boot, which wasn't a lot, since country towns don't have any fancy shops.

"Need any help?" The taxi driver asks making you turn your attention to him. With a polite smile you shake your head softly.

"No thank you sir I'm quiet alright!" You reply as you grab your things and shut the boot. You look at the tall apartment building, it wasn't anything exciting but quite bland, but what were you expecting? With a sigh you push open the door and walk in before walking into a small room, with a metal door and you notice a yellow Hazmat D.D.D worker behind a bullet proof glass window.

"Are you Ms y/n l/n?" The male asks. You nod your head putting down your stuff and heading him your I.D, which had a profile of you, your I'D number and expiration date.

"Everything checks out, you're on floor 3 and room 3" the man replies handing you back your I'D through the slot and your keys.

"Once all your stuff is up there, you will see your uniform on your kitchen counter, with your schedule you start tomorrow." He explained before pressing something making the metal doors open.

"Thank you!" You reply cheerfully. You grab your bags and walk through the door, and you hear it, thud shut behind you. You walk down the hall and reach the elevator, you press the button and hear a ding! You enter the now open elevator and put down a bag so you can press the 3rd floor. The elevator doors shut and the elevator moves up. You grab your bag again and soon the elevator stops and the doors open and you walk out.

"One.... Two..." You mumble before reaching your apartment and you put down your bags and unlock your apartment door, grabbing your bag again you walk into the apartment again and shut, locking the door behind you. You sigh softly before setting your bags in your bedroom. The apartment was basic, a bed, a Batheroom, a small loungeroom and a decent size kitchen.

You notice the uniform and your schedule so you walk over picking the schedule up examining it. Monday til Saturday you work, 7am till 6pm... Jeez long hours.. You set aside the schedule and look at your uniform, casual red button up top and black slightly baggy pants. Both with the D.D.D logo on them.

"Okay simple enough..." You mumble to yourself. You then walk back into your bedroom resting the uniform and work schedule on your bedside table. You then start unpacking your clothes, utensils, plates, bowls, cups and wine glasses, and then your titanium bat. You always had this on you, making sure that you had something that could help against an attack.

You put the bat next to your bed and you sigh tiredly, you grab your alarm clock and set it up, making it wring for 6:30am you then get into some comfy pjs and turn off all the lights before settling in bed and falling asleep peacefully.

WRING WRING WRING

With a tired and annoyed groan you hit the top of your alarm clock making that annoying noise stop and you get up rubbing your tired eyes. With a sigh you groggily get up off your oh so comfortable bed... You turn on your light lazily and slowly waking up you put on a bra, fresh underwear and finally your uniform. After brushing your teeth, hair, and making yourself y/f/c (your favourite coffee) amd grabbing your bat was 20 minutes. You walk out of your apartment with your shoes making a little sound.

After going down the elevator you get Settled in your office and suddenly a video starts playing...

5

4

3

2

1

In a basic summary, you get a list of people that are on the entry list, you make sure that they aren't doppelganger, and if they are, press down on the red button and call 3312, you have all the information in folders that Is easy access and a phone to call apartments and obviously D.D.D. Be henry but better.

With a sigh the shutters roll up and a guy in a yellow Hazmat suit greets you on the other side.

"Welcome and Congratulations on the new job. As you could see on the introductory film, your job is to verify the entry of your neighbours of your building. Each day there will be a list of individuals who will request access to the building. It is possible that their are individuals who request entry and aren't on the list. In which case you will mark on the checklist that they aren't on the checklist and proceed to question the individual. Also, you must verify the I'D and entry request are correct and have the respective D.D.D logo. Don't forget to check the expedition date on the I'Ds, (mm/yyyy). Remember it's February 1955. I wish you good luck." The guy then walked away and you blink.