Chapter 4

You rub your forehead tiredly just wanting to get off your shift. God these Dopplers just loved getting on everyone's nerves. Now you just regret getting this stupid job... Sure the people were nice, and you were good at protecting everyone but holy God did some of these Dopplers make you wanna quit.

You take a drink of water not having the energy to deal with anyone else. It was late, you were tired and not in the mood to be annoyed. Loud footsteps grab your attention and you look up to see Mr mosses.

"Mm... Afternoon.." He greets you tired, poor dude you feel really bad for him. He slips his entry request and I'D in and you pick them up. Closely examining them but also not keeping him for long.

"You're good to go Mr mosses" You finally say. He takes his I'D and entry request.

"Francis..." He suddenly speaks grabbing your attention.

"Call me Francis..." He adds before walking out of the doors you just opened and shut.

"Huh Francis..." You mutter getting used to how his name felt on your tongue..

Wow today was a riot.. You got screamed at by doppels.. neighbours thanked you and small talk with you. Then Francis came through.

"Mm... hello..." Suddenly Francis comes through again? You look up at him and immediately notice the blood covering his uniform. You cross the appearance box and raise a tired brow.

"What's with the blood?" You ask with a tired voice. God you couldn't wait until you could get home...

"Blood?... No this isn't blood, it's Scarlett milk" He moves closer to the glass that seperates you both.

"Just open the door and I'll give you a taste..." He states in a flirty tone, his mouth curves up into a smug smirk. You looked slightly shocked.. this never happened before so what the actual hell?

"Yeh no thanks." You demand and you slam your fist on the emergency button and call the D.D.D.

"Cleaning protocol complete, you may continue your job" The all too familiar voice states. You sigh and let out a yawn before exiting the office with your belongings. Finally your shift had ended. You walk down the corridor tiredly and press the button for the elevator. You wait patiently and soon enter the open elevator. With a soft sigh you enter and rub your eyes tiredly as you hit the 3rd floor. The elevator doors shut and the elevator goes up.

"Can't wait to sleep..." You mur mur tiredly, you actually think your off tomorrow but you'll have to check. The elevator stops and the doors open and you groggily walk out till you reach your door. With a sigh you unlock your door and walk in shutting and locking the door behind you.

Meow!

Lacy runs up to you and jumps into your arms purring, you pat her with a soft smile on your face. You put on your shoulder and start unpacking your stuff you do some dishes finish the fried rice and you check your schedule. You were off tomorrow that's good.

With a soft sigh you get into pijimas and disarm your alarm for tomorrow. You do some washing before finally going to sleep. Lacy by your side.

"Ngh..." You groan tiredly as you sit up and rub your eyes. Stretching your arms and yawning you open your eyes to sunlight lighting your whole apartment. Lacy was probably hiding somewhere. You look in your wardrobe not knowing what you wanted to wear. To indecisive.

"What about this?" You ask yourself as you pull out a beautiful dress. This dress was your favourite and always made you feel gorgeous. You get dressed and freshen up, bruising your teeth, hair and adding some other light touches. Honestly you were planning to lounge around so you weren't going anywhere Fabolous.

You walk into the kitchen humming a tune as you start cooking some breakfast, bacon and scrambled eggs. You grab a glass and fill it with cold milk.

Meow

Lacy rubs against your leg and you assume she's hungry, you give her food and refill her water, til you finally sit down and eat.

You wash your dishes and sit on your couch as you let them dry. You put on a movie, one of your favourite movies. Today was definitely going to be a lazy day.

Lacy jumps onto the couch and lays on your lap as the movie starts. You check her wounds, of course by now they are healed and healing but still never know infections could happen.

The scratch marks were fine you always had to tend to animals in the country so you know what you're doing. Perks of being a country girl you suppose anyway.

You return your attention to the movie zoning out as you focus on it.. time passes by in a flash and now it's dark. The movie was finished and you were hungry, carefully moving the sleeping kitty you get up and start cooking steak and mashed potatoes. You pour yourself a glass of red wine taking a sip and sigh softly.

"Always hits, the right spot..." You mutter as you continue to cook. You turn off all the burners when your food is finally done and you serve it, sitting and eating quietly. Sometimes silence was what you needed. You eat and eat and eat, until there's nothing but an empty glass and plate.

"That was amazing..." You sigh softly enjoying the meal happily. You wash your dishes and dry them, putting everything away.

"I smell like crap..." You point out a little disgusted.. So you Start a hot bath with bubbles (of course). You grab your wine and wine glass and enter your bathroom. The bath was full so you turned off the faucet. Stripping of everything you enter the bath sighing as the hot water relaxes you. You pour yourself another glass before setting the wine on a side table and taking a sip from the glass. You lean your head back and close your eyes.

It didn't get much better than this honestly, this was the most relaxation you've had all week and honestly you needed it before going back to work tomorrow.

Knock knock knock

Light knocks grabs your attention and you sigh. Getting out of the bath you wrap a towel around your body and walk to your door unlocking it and opening it.

"Francis?" You ask slightly confused as to why he was here at this hour? You notice his face is red confusing you more.

"What?" You ask tilting your head slightly.

"U-uhm- sorry to bother you just thought to give you another glass of milk..." He stutters, you notice his eyes trail down and your cheeks blush as well feeling very exposed now.

"Oh- uhm... That's nice of you..." You reply slightly embarrassed.

"And I'm going to need my other bottle back if possible.." He adds his eyes not even daring to look back at mine.

"Oh- u-uh- yeh! Just come in!" You reply as you open the door, he enters and you shut it behind you.

You walk into your kitchen as he stands near your kitchen counter looking around I grab the milk bottle and look back at him. I open it and drink it down before handing him the empty bottle. Your hands make brief contact.

You both freeze and look up at each other.. your cheeks grow red and your heart beats a little faster.

"U-uh yeah thanks..." He muttered as I quickly retracted my hand. He hands me the new milk bottle and I smile softly.

"Uh thank you... Do you want money this time...?" You ask. He shakes his head softly.

"No... It's free.." He replies making you nod your head softly.

"O-oh well thank you..." You reply... Jee this situation was now REALLY awkward.

"I-I'm gonna go..." Francis then quickly leaves the house... Thankfully you didn't think you could survive that situation any longer.