chapter 2

You sigh and check the entry list for today.

Roman Stilnsky

Roman Stilnsky

F01-01

Angus Ciprianni  F01-03

Angus Ciprianni 
F01-03

Angus Ciprianni  F01-03

Gloria Schmicht
F02-01

Gloria Schmicht F02-01

Francis Mosses
F03-02

You sigh softly, happy to have an easy day hopefully.. You then take a sip of your coffee calming your nerves down as you wait patiently for people to come in.

Soon you're met with a ding that grabs your attention and you look up to see Gloria but... She has drawn eyes. You pause as she slides her entry request and I'D in the slot.

"Good morning" 'She' chips cheerfully. You have no words for right now as your looking in disbelief... Are you really supposed to believe drawn eyes...?, you march on forward and then looked even more confused on the entry request.

I'm not a doppleganger.
I'm not a doppelganger.
I'm not a doppleganger, I'm just a regular human doing things.

You cross out entry request and appearence and ask.

"Ma'am why are your eyes drawn on?" You first ask.

"My eyes? What do you mean these are normal human eyes?" She replies confused.

"Okay well your entry request?" You ask.

"My entry request I see nothing wrong with my entry request." She replies and you shake your head softly. You slam your hand down on the red button and shutters go down and a red alarm start sounding. You quickly call 3312..

"d.d.d agents have been sent on your way." A robotic voice speaks, and quick they did, the alarm stops and the shutter rolls up revealing a yellow Hazmat suit.

"Cleaning protocol completed." The male voice speaks before leaving. You sigh and take another sip of your coffee.

You had a weird feeling that this would be a long day...

Finally nearing towards the end of your shift you sigh tiredly. You let out a groan of annoyance when you realise you need to to shopping... Great.. suddenly footsteps wake you up and you look up to be met with dark tired eyes back...

"Are you the new hire?" He asks as he slips his I'D and entry request in. With a tired yawn you nod.

"Yes I am, mr mosses" you reply as you check everything, his appearance, I'D entry request and everything seemed normal. You hand his I'D and entry request back to him.

"Have a good night Mr mosses" You politely greet goodbye pressing the green button and opening the door with a soft smile. Politely he tips his cap down lightly with a small smile of his own.

"Goodnight miss" he then exits and you shut the doors behind him. Sighing tiredly you grab your bag that you retrieved on your break and leave a note for the next doorman saying your out shopping. You then exit the office and walk to the shops. You had your bat so you weren't worried and you saw a close shop. You quickly buy groceries that will last and you start heading back home when suddenly you hear a yelp. Instinctively you stopped and looked in the alley and you noticed a small kitten and sharp claws grabbing it.

"HEY!?" You yell grabbing the attention of yellow glowing eyes.

"Yeh that's right a$$hole!" You yell and the creature drops the kitten which runs and hide. You put down your groceries and watch as the creature runs to pounce on you. Before it could get to you, you hit it's head with a bat and slam its head in repeatedly until it laid lifeless. With a grunt you notice the kitten hiding terrified. You couldn't... So you walk over carefully picking up the whimpering creature and grab your groceries and you enter your apartment.

"Call the D.D.D dead Doppel outside" you speak as the doorman notices your black bloodied bat.

"O-oh uhm!" Suddenly the guy calls the D.D.D's non emergency number explaining the situation and After getting checked you get to go into your apartment complex. You walk in and go straight to the elevator and back into your apartment building... Sighing you bandage the small kitten, you bathe it, feed it tuna and give it water and then wash your clothes and bat. You shower and comfortably start cooking some dinner, just noodles, you couldn't be bothered to cook something better. With a sigh you sit and eat in front of you tv and suddenly the black kitten jumps into your lap purring.

You smile and softly pat the kitten as you continue to eat peacefully.

"I haven't gotten a name for you yet..." You mutter to the kitten on your lap, in return the kitten looks up at you and lets out a meow. You smile softly.

"Hmmmm... What about Lacy?" You ask and the kitten let's out another meow and rubs itself against your hand.

"Like that name huh?" You ask to earn a purr from Lacy. With a smile you scratch her neck getting a louder purr from her. You sigh and soon she climbs onto your shoulder and you smile. You get up and hold her stably as you brush your teeth with her just casually on your shoulder. Not much time later you fall asleep in your bed and lacy sleeps next to you.