Chapter 6

Welp logic seems to beat lust. The Doppler ganger with his stupid smirk raises a brow and you take a deep breath calming your nerves.

"NAH NOT TODAY!" You demand as you slam your hand down on that red button. Sirens welling up in everyone's ears.

"FUCK!? LET ME IN!" 'Francis' screams in demand banging on the metal shutter that covers the window. You dial 3312 and wait as the phone rings.

"Hello D.D.D agents have been sent to your location, please wait for the cleaning protocol." A voice states like a broken record playing on repeat. You've heard this so much you swear you could summarise everything.

You let out a sigh and wait patiently for a D.D.D agent to finally arrive. The alarm stops and the shuttle goes up revealing a familiar yellow suit.

"Cleaning protocol complete you may continue your job." The person walks away and you sigh running a hand through your hair. You're starting to think you may not be capable of this job anymore since you thought about letting a FLESH EATING MONSTER in.

A shiver runs down your spine at the thought of that happening. You have to get your A game on. No more distractions.

"Mm... Afternoon..." A tired voice calls out almost making you jump out of your seat. You look up and see Francis? Maybe Francis?

"Oh Francis!" You greet me with a nervous smile. He slides his I.D and entry request down the shoot and you look it over. Entry request was good he lived in apartment F03-02, his name was definitely Francis mosses. He did come back from his job as a milkman and it and the D.D.D logo.

You look at his I.D reading the numbers to match with what is in your files. After quadrupol checking them he was actually Francis. You hand your things to him and open the door not really saying anything else. God every encounter with this man is just EXTREMELY awkward.

With a sigh you leave the office. After The shutters go down and you lazily get up to your apartment. You used the stairs because talking with Francis was a definite no go!

You didn't want the awkward conversation today, you'll save that for another day. Hopefully one where you're not making yourself look like an idiot. You sigh and quickly enter your apartment

Meow! Meow! Meow!

Lacey runs up to you jumping into your arms and purring. You drop your things and catch her. You sigh and put her on your shoulder.

"Hey lacey" you then yawn and pick up your handbag and bat, putting them in their corresponded places.

"I feel like I need to get you a friend." You reply. You think for a second before sitting down and looking at lacy who is now on your lap staring up at you.

"Would you like a friend?" You ask. Lacey stares at you for a few seconds before meowing.

"I'm guessing that's a yes!" You reply as you nod your head.

"Alrightyo when I got a day off!" You exclaim happily. Lacy purs again and you pat her happily. You feed her, shower and get into some comfy baggy PJs before grabbing some of your cereal from the fridge and eating it with milk.

Might as well use it if it's there. You sigh tiredly and eat just wanting to get to bed and rest. After you eat you place your bowel into the kitchen and lazily head to bed collapsing on it and falling asleep within seconds.