Chapter 1:

Chapter 1:

I walked down the narrow path lowering my head and holding onto my two backpack straps, I could feel my hair blowing in the wind.

Everything was fine when suddenly, I tripped on a rock beneath me that sent me flying. I fell face first into the pavement and for a few seconds I couldn't move because of the pain in my knee, I lifted my head to look at it.

I gagged at the sight, I dragged myself to the side of the pavement slow enough to avoid any more pain, and reached in my coat pocket for my phone, I noticed a person walking towards me and looked up.

I froze.

"Dayn...?" I whispered. Why is he here? He looked at me, shrugged, and walked away. Did he ignore me...? "Hey Dayn!! Help me out!!" I called out for him.

He turned back to face me. "What." he replied. I looked at him. Seriously? Your classmates on the floor here injured and he's just going to look at me then walk by?

"Some...help?" I asked. I pointed at my knee. "What do you think I can do? Magic it better?" He said, he rolled his eyes and continued walking.

"Well...no?? I was thinking more like helping me up ATLEAST" I said annoyed, what the hell is wrong with him, okay yeah, we're not the best of friends but still...you don't need to be friends with someone to help them out, and it's not like we're complete strangers, we are classmates.

He let out a loud sigh, "You're so...annoying." He muttered loud enough for me to hear, "Well I didn't-!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me up fast, I winced at the pain and fell forward, "Ow!!!" I shouted; I was hoping he'd be able to support my weight enough and keep his balance, but he fell right back.

I heard a familiar voice in the distance coming closer, "Anyways yeah!! It was so funny...!" ...I looked at where I currently was...right...this is not good, I try get up but wince at the pain again, dammit. Dayn for some reason stayed perfectly still...I could hear their voices getting closer and closer.