Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

He reaches out towards my bare knee and touches it gently; he keeps it there for a couple seconds before pulling away.

"What are you doi-" but before I could finish my question, I notice the blank, stunned expression that lay across his face.

"Are...you alright?" I ask softly. My question seemed to snap him out of the state he was in, because those frozen, shocked eyes finally moved up to look at me, he blinked at me a couple times before he turned his head to face the door and bolted.

I could of swore, before he ran his eyes seemed glassy.

-

Dayn POV:

Why...is she so like her, her kind voice, her sweet laugh, the way the sun kisses her face.

I run, despite how much my heart aches, I run. I'm like a bright red flame, get too close and you'll get burned. I need to hide my feelings, I cannot care, I cannot love, because I'm dangerous, I hurt others.

She cannot see how vulnerable I am, it'll only make her want to get closer, make her care for me, make her comfort me. I. Can't. Let. That. Happen.

Everything seems foggy until I bump into something, someone. I raise my head.

"Ugh!!"

I taste something tangy as I lick my dry lips, hm...?? Orange...

"M-my JUICE!!!" The girl shrieks, she pulls at her sweater and looks at the orange stain on her clothes. "How DARE you!!" she sneers.

ROSA POV:

I huff, as I come to an abrupt stop, I shout. "DAYN!!", someone seemed to be shouting at him?? Did he bump into them?

Dayn turns his head to look at me, but as soon as our eyes meet, he turns back and pushes past the person who was shouting at him, as he moves away, I walk closer and stop in shock as soon as I see who the person is.

"Marie...?" I stood in shock. There was orange juice dripping off her lashes, and a small orange stain on her sweater, I notice a paper cup rolling on the floor not too far from where she is standing.

"You!! you're friends with that turd, so it's only fair, if you take responsibility!" she snarls.

"Bu-" Before I can continue, she starts ranting about how expensive and hard it was to get her sweater, and how important it is that it doesn't get ruined, before she finishes her rant, I let out a long sigh as I open my mouth to speak.

"Fin-" I get interrupted again, as I feel a hand slither on my shoulder, I whip my head around fast in shock, It's Elsie.

"Ah! Elsie there you are." Marie smirks as she pulls her hand off my shoulder and towards her. "Come on, we need to have a very.long.talk." She smiles.

"I expect the money for my sweater by tomorrow." She says to me before she turns around and starts walking down the hall. Marie looks at me with sad eyes and mouths.

"Sorry."

Before she also turns her back to me and runs down the hall to catch up to Marie.