||A Wholesome Friday||

Looking at the time it's 1:30 PM, "It looks like Jummah is about to start, I should get food prepared". 

I get all the ingredients to make Arayes which is a Middle Eastern dish. I thought I'd make him traditional food today for lunch as it's his favorite. I thaw out the beef and let it sit in warm water as I chopped some garlic, onions and parsley.

Once the beef was thawed out I added my seasonings along with the garlic, parsley and onions and mix them together. Getting out my pita bread I stuff them with the meat and flatten it putting oil on the outsides of it and frying pan. 

Letting that get crispy for a little while, I work on making fresh strawberry lemonade. I cut up some strawberries and put them into a food processor. After, I strain the strawberry puree and add my fresh lemon juice. Adding sugar and water lastly and missing well with some ice.

 While my lemonade is ready I decide to set the table. Once the Arayes are done I plated it on the table for us and my little son who went to Jummah with my husband Muhammad.

I get all the dirty dishes I have used and place them in the sink to wash. I hadn't notice that the door had been open and I turn my head as I felt someone hugging me from behind. 

"Assalam Walakum hayati, I missed you so much", Muhammad said as he kissed my forehead. "Walakum Salam, habibi, I missed you more", I reply as I smile. 

I feel a tug on my abaya and I look down. "Assalam Walakum, mama surprise!!!", Ibrahim said barely holding a huge bouquet of pink roses. 

I picked him up in my arms smiling even more. "Awwww, my baby". I kisses his cheek as he brought the roses closer to my face for me to smell them.

"Li'l-ajmal malikah" (for the most beautiful queen), Muhammad said hugging Ibrahim and I. I kissed both of their cheeks and carried Ibrahim to the table setting him down. 

"Wa taʿam faqat li maliki wa al-amiir al-saghiir"(And food just for my king and little prince). I uncovered the Arayes and gave Ibrahim and Muhammad a plate. 

We all say "Bismillah" and start to eat happily. "Salma", Muhammad softly says. "Na'am?" (Yes). He smiles and says, "Thank you habibiti, the Arayes and lemonade is delicious". 

I blush softly, covering my face sightly. "Yeah mama, it's really really good!", Ibrahim says drinking his lemonade. We all laugh and enough each others company as it's been a great Jummah.