Skull

Name: Skull 

Species: 
-Cranium Reptant

Gender: Male

Height: 
-95 Feet

Length:
-194 Feet

Weight:
-100 Tons

Abilities:

-Amphibious nature

The film novelization states that Skullcrawlers have hidden gills on their neck, allowing them to breathe on land and underwater indefinitely.

-Burrowing

Being subterranean, Skullcrawlers are capable of using their limbs to burrow deep into the earth.

-Durability and stamina

Skullcrawlers are very durable, as they can withstand bullets from rifles and the searing heat of a flamethrower. The largest of the Skullcrawlers was only dazed when Kong slammed his head with a boulder or smashed his face with a tree branch, while the Skullcrawler that ate Chapman and Randa could withstand fire from an M2HB heavy machine gun, which was chambered in .50 BMG. The Skull Devil could withstand continuous sprays of fire from a pair of M3 Brownings (Also chambered in .50 BMG). They have incredible stamina, being able to stay in a full-fledged fight for several minutes even whilst being incredibly injured.

-Hunting

Skullcrawlers are both solitary and pack hunters. Juveniles can hunt for themselves and can take down creatures like the Sker Buffalo on their own, and they can cooperate to take down more powerful creatures such as Kong.

-Intelligence

Skullcrawlers are very intelligent, as shown when the younger Skullcrawlers tried ambushing Kong, and when the Skull Devil realized Cole was trying to trick her into eating him and instead of eating him, she batted him away with her tail. Marlow describes them as "crafty bastards."

-Olfactory system

Much like snakes, the Skullcrawlers' olfactory system allows them to sense hot-blooded lifeforms from miles away.

-Prehensile tail and tongue

Skullcrawlers have prehensile tongues that they use to grab and quickly devour small prey, or for gripping large prey in combat.

The tail of the Skullcrawler is heavily muscled and extremely powerful, which is evidenced when the largest Skullcrawler lifted and flung Kong across the marsh with his tail. As stated before, the tail is also for wrapping around large prey, possibly to latch onto them for balance or to constrict them. Adult Skullcrawlers such as Skull Devil have a sharp ivory-colored barb the size of Marlow's boat at the end of their tails, and they use this barb for slashing and lethal stabbing.

-Speed and agility

Skullcrawlers can run very quickly despite having only two legs, and their speed matches or surpasses that of an adult human. They are able to navigate the treacherous terrain of Skull Island, and are capable of making swift turns.

Strength and combat

As the apex predators of Skull Island, Skullcrawlers are fearsome and deadly in battle, using their jaws full of razor-sharp teeth as their primary weapons. They can hold their own against opponents like Kong, able to withstand the blows and pummeling of the ape. Their serpent-like tails are used for swatting, wrapping around, or throwing an opponent during combat. Skullcrawlers can also use their clawed feet as formidable slashing weapons as well.

-Voice mimicry

The novelization of Kong: Skull Island states that Skullcrawlers can mimic human voices to lure their prey.

Appearance

Skullcrawlers are large amphibian creatures with only two long forelimbs and no hindlimbs, as well as long, prehensile, serpentine tails. They have long and slender, yet muscular, sturdy bodies. Several aspects of their appearance are noticeably skeletal, particularly their torsos and their heads. What appears to be the "eye sockets" of their skull-like heads are merely empty fenestrae, which presumably evolved that way to protect its eyes from enemies: their real eyes are set much further back, with the fenestrae perhaps serving to distract enemies from their more vulnerable eyes and acting as heat-seeking sensory pits. The pupils of their green eyes are horizontal and somewhat resemble those of frogs and toads. The colors of their hide range from dark brown to dark green to a bone-white color. The skin of Skullcrawlers is translucent, revealing the ribcage underneath from certain angles.

Their heads closely resemble those of mosasaurs such as Tylosaurus, and their jaws possess two rows of serrated, razor-sharp teeth. The Skullcrawlers have four clawed digits in a total of each hand, with the thumb being the smallest digit and the rest of the digits being larger and of the same size, and the adults have a prominent bony spike protrudes out of each of their elbows. The thorny, toothlike structures of their inner mouths somewhat resemble that of a leatherback turtle's. Additionally, they have long, prehensile triple-forked tongues that they can use to grab their prey.

 Additionally, they have long, prehensile triple-forked tongues that they can use to grab their prey