14

The Next Morning
Morgan

"You wearing that to go eat lunch?" My dad asked as I stood in the kitchen in my outfit. I was dressed in a white crop shirt, some fitted cuff sweats with the drawstrings, and a pair of New Balance's Rain Cloud 2002r's.

"Yeah... whats wrong with it?" I ask while looking down at myself, my purse in my hands that rested by my side. "This is your first date."

"And how did you dress on your first date?" I ask him in return, though this is not my first date. "Like a gentleman... let's see how Gianna's dressed."

"She's outside in the car." I inform him while going to get a water out the fridge, he made his way to the front door. "Oh my god." I groan and grab my water, following behind him.

Shug was standing outside of her car looking at her phone, and she was dressed no different than me actually. Since she did have a street wear based style, she was wearing some shit of that category but it fit her perfectly.

She was dressed in a brown essentials hoodie, a pair of light blue denim's with patchwork all down her legs, stopping at her shins. A pair of white gums on her feet, and some kinda distressed beanie or ski mask on her head, whatever it was.

"Hell, you look just like her." He told her while I followed behind, she glanced down at her outfit. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"Nothing, don't listen to him. You look good." I tell her as i made it to her, she pulled me into a hug. "how you feeling?" She asks me while resting her arms at my waist, even though my dad was standing here she still hugged me like she usually would.

"I'm fine.. still a little tired but.." I reply back, pulling away from the hug. Her arms remained wrapped around my waist while we both turned to face my dad who was standing at the top step while we were on the sidewalk.

"So what time should I have her home?" Shug joked while chuckling lightly, I shake my head at her while my dad smiles in amusement. "Before the street lights come on."

"Alright daddy, I'll see you later." I reply with a small sigh, turning toward the car. Him and Shug both laughing while I pulled the door open, getting inside. I inhaled the nice smell of Shug's car, which smelled like some kind of cologne.

I couldn't even describe how it smelled, it just smelled extremely sweet and comforting. Shug made her way around the car and got in, relaxing in her seat before she glanced over at me. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing at all, you want Syberg's?" She asks while mentioning our favorite joint, that I hadn't been to in years. "Yeah." I nod and grab my seat belt, strapping myself in.

"You sure you okay?"

"Yeah?" I glance over at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Why?"

"I'm just making sure." She told me while starting the car, her song continued which was some shit off Durk's new 7220 album. Shug was a big Durk fan and listened to whatever the nigga dropped, even if it was hella stupid or ridiculous she would still listen to it.

She always used to tell me that it just awakens the Chicago version of her, though we're from the Lou. She also listens to G Herbo which is more absurd that Durk, I mean.. he has good songs, but I can't get jiggy with no damn Herbo.