1: First Day

"Hey Henr- oh." You glare up from the training video and cock an eyebrow. Outside the window is a man with a square head and thick glasses. "Where did Henry go?"

"Good morning to you, too," You say sharply, scanning through his papers.

You two sit in silence for a second, aside from the flipping of papers and opening of folders.

"Can you go any slower?"

You look up, annoyed. "Well, I was in the middle of my training video, which you so rudely interrupted, btw."

"Henry would've been done by now." He says under his breath.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the Pizzaplex or something, Afton?"

"What?"

You roll your eyes and finish the checklist that the building gave you.

"Okay, you're good. Get lost." You press the button to open the door and sit back rubbing your temples as he snatches back his papers and storms off.

The next tenant shuffles in.

"Mmm, hello." He feeds his entry request through the slot under the window.

You don't waste any time checking the papers of Mr. Francis Mosses.

"Hey, you forgot your..." You start to raise your head but stop, mind going blank. "Holy shit, Dumbo."

"Mmm, what?" His tired eyes look around nervously. "What's wrong with my appearance?"

You stare at his earlobes, which are drooping down to around his chin, in disgust. Before you can say anything else, your hand slams into the emergency button and red lights flash in the doorman's office. You dial the number posted on the wall and wait for the line to ring.

"Hello, you've contacted the D.D.D..."

"No shit. We have a Doppelganger here that you need to take care of."

"Calm down. We'll be there in 5."

The line goes down. Suddenly, the emergency blinds on the window roll up. Outside is a man in a hazmat suit.

"That was not 5 minutes."

"I never said 5 minutes. We've had Dumbo taken care of."

"Glad you saw the resemblance, too."

I could see him nod.

"Anyways, call us if you find any more."

"Will do." You say, straightening out your checklist.

The D.D.D. exterminator leaves the building, and the next tenant walks up to the window.

"Mmm, hello."

"Oh, not you again."

He stares, deadpan, as he feeds is papers through the slot.

"Rude." You glance down at his papers. You're finally getting the hang of it, and send him on his way after only two minutes. You have to admit, he's pretty attractive when he doesn't look like an elephant, but he's also boring as hell.

The rest of the day trudges on, and you only have to call the D.D.D. three times until the end of the day shift. When the night shift doorman clocks in, you can finally go upstairs to your own apartment.

heyyy tell me if you like this story so i can keep doing it lol