Chapter 12: The Final Night, Act 1

"Liam?" Sherlock called to the blonde with uncertainty in his voice. He wasn't sure if his eyes were deceiving him or if it's real since he hadn't seen William in three days. The blonde slowly made his way to the kitchen, his usual well kept appearance was messy, how could he even take care of himself in this state.

Sherlock's heart broke at the sight as he abandoned the dishes that he was putting away and made him way to the blonde. "Are you alright? Are you hurt somewhere—"

"Sherly" William weakly called out. "I'm fine" he smiled at the detective though the detective knew that the smile weren't genuine. The detective pulled the professor for an embrace, pressing the younger's head to his chest. Wiliam however, did not returned the gesture. He stood there still with his head against Sherlock's chest and his hands stood firmly by his side. Sherlock did not mind though. He was just happy that he could finally feel his world again.

"Are you ready to talk now?" Sherlock softly answered against the blonde locks. William hesitantly nodded. "Let me make you some tea first—" "It's alright, let me make it" Sherlock paused for a bit then he nodded, William had been coped up in his room for three days so he should at least let William move his muscle around.

"I'll wait for you on the couch" Sherlock kissed the blonde's forehead then walked away. As soon as the detective was out of sight, William gripped the counter, trembling, tears started to block his vision. Even after all these days, Sherlock was not mad at him. Another reason to why Sherlock deserves someone who can take care of him much better than William could.

Turning on the faucet, William splash the cold water against his face then he brought the kettle to fill it up before turning the faucet off, boiling the water for the tea brewing.

• • • • • •

William placed two tea cups on the coffee table, one for him and one for the detective. Sherlock muttered a quiet 'thank you' as he patted the empty seat next to him, wanting William to sit and he did so.

"Liam—" "You don't have to say anything Sherly" William sighed as he looked at Sherlock, his eyes glistening with tears. "Sherly, take a sip" William demanded, Sherlock looked confused but he did complied without complain.

As Sherlock placed his cup back on the coffee table, William started talking. "Sherly, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you... I didn't think straight. I.. I should have never aimed to kill him—what was I thinking? And now you getting injured is the result of my actions"

Sherlock softened his gaze, "Liam, you just wanted to protect me" William nodded. "But still... if only I had think more logically and a didn't let my emotions engulf me.. maybe it would have turned out differently."

Suddenly, Sherlock muscled stiffened, his eyes started to get heavy. Sherlock widened his eyes, realizing what is happening. "Liam..?! No.. don't do this to me again.." Sherlock muttered out. Tears streamed down William's eyes.

William stood up, Sherlock wanted to do the same but he couldn't. He couldn't move his muscle and he is trying hard to not fall asleep. "Liam..? Why did you drug the tea.." He weakly asked.

"I'm sorry, Sherly" William sniffed as he helped the detective lay on the couch then he knelt down to hold the detective's face.

"You deserve better" William kissed the detective's forehead then he moved to kiss his left  cheek, right cheek, his nose and finally his lips. "I can't be with you, I can't let myself hurt you anymore"

Sherlock wanted to reach his hand to wipe the tears away from his eyes so bad but he couldn't do it, all he could do was stare at William in fear with his eyes wide open.

"The drug will wear off in a few hours, please rest" Sherlock tried to fight off the side effect of the drug that is alluring him into a slumber but he couldn't. Finally, he closed his eyes.

William who knew that the detective would do anything to stop William from ending his life, even dying with him, decided to drug him. This way, the detective will still be alive.

William cried harder as he reached for the detective's hand and held it up his face. "I'm sorry.. I love you" he whispered as he pressed a kiss on the back of his hand and pressed another kiss on his lips before taking a blanket from the couch and covered the detective.

As he made his way back into his room, he went to his desk and sat on the chair. As he retrieve his phone, which has been turned off for three days, he turned it back on and notifications flooded across the screen, he didn't care about those though. His priority is his brothers.

As he clicked on the Moriarty's brothers group chat, he saw hundreds of unread messages most of them were asking William if he was okay and where he had gone too and just a few seconds ago, Louis had sent a text.

"Brother please... we are getting worried. If you don't answer now, we are flying to Switzerland tomorrow"

William sighed as he began typing.

"I'm sorry. Do not be worried, I am fine."

His text was seen immediately, followed by a call from his brother. William sighed as he rejected it, Sherlock's drug will wear off in a few hours, he cannot waste any more time.

"Sorry Louis, I am very tired and I need to get some rest. I will call you tomorrow, alright?"

But there is no "tomorrow" for William James Moriarty. He knew there won't be any.

"Alright, rest well brother"

William hearted his brother's text and turn off his phone. He got up, heading towards the exit of his house and started walking towards a nearby bridge, planning to succeed what he was meant to do two centuries ago, dying alone.