Chapter No. 0

Third Person POV & Backstory.

Angus Ciprianni is a businessman who moved into the apartment complex about a month ago in order to be closer to where his workplace/office was. He spends Mondays to Saturdays in the office from 9am to 5pm and has Sunday as his day off.

On his days off, Angus usually only stayed at home and only ever went out to go on a stroll to a nearby cafe or to buy groceries.

Needless to say, he’s been pretty familiar with the neighbourhood he's in for the past weeks. Although, he has never truly found himself in a conversation with one of his neighbours before. There was small talk here and there, and sometimes he would catch himself oversharing about his day in which the person he was talking to would either get awkward or annoyed and would walk away after greeting him a “I have to go.”

And due to his work, Angus always got back home a little late. So, he would sleep early to get his needed rest. It’s safe to say that he had a great sleep schedule, unlike Francis.

Francis Mosses works as a milkman and has been living in the apartment complex with his cat for almost a year now. But even with how much time has passed, he never got along with his neighbours. Either it was because of how awkward and introverted he was, or how his neighbours thought of him as rude due to his usual looks and demeanour. But for him, he didn’t care. He was introverted and always kept to himself most of the time, and only cared about his cat’s well-being.

Francis only ever went out when he needed to, like buying groceries, taking out the trash, and letting his cat walk around in the park with him. But other than that, he stayed home and read newspapers or novels.

Just like Angus, Francis worked from Mondays to Saturdays delivering milk cartons to customers. He always had to get up as early as possible, since most of these customers were also getting ready in the morning before work or school. So they needed their dairy first thing in the morning for coffee or cereal. He could only go home after all the deliveries for that day were made.

So, Francis has never really met Angus, mostly because they had different times to go to work and had different things to do on their days off.

But one particular night, Francis would forget to set his alarm for the morning. Causing him to sleep in and meet a particular someone in the building’s elevator.