Chapter No. 3

Francis' POV.

I threw my hat and whatever else I held on the dining table as I entered my apartment. I had the chance to sleep early today, though I could only hope if I were to actually fall asleep to the time everyone else thinks is still early.

I zoned out as I walked towards my kitchen. Seeing my cat, Pickles, laying on the counter top was enough to make me smile. I guess Ive only ever smiled at my cat, so maybe that doesnt count.

Pushing my small pantry open, I take the canned salmon for Pickles and 2 pieces of bread for me. For a sandwhich, ofcourse. Although, it was quite sad to see that a cat was eating way better than me.

I walk out of the kitchen while Pickles followed me towards the couch in the living room. I poured all the sticky salmon onto her bowl, making her leave my poor leg alone from catching too many of her fur. I sat on the couch and grabbed the newspaper next to me, I needed to catch up on some doppelganger news.

Third Person POV.

Francis peacefully read and munched on his sandwhich. After some time, he got up to grab a bottle of water. Only to realize that he was short on groceries when he saw a few empty spots in his fridge.

Groaning internally, he decided to go out to buy his groceries early so he wont have to go out on Saturday. Guess it's a win-win?

Francis made his way towards the dining table from where he threw all of his things on, only to grab his wallet before walking out the apartment. He didn't bother to change out of his white uniform yet since he was gonna go home after buying the groceries anyways, so that kind of lead his other neighbours to think that he was suspicious. You know, maybe a doppelganger. Specially with how rarely Francis goes out of his apartment during weekdays, so this was incredibly unnusual.

But he didnt care, Francis ignored all the dirty side glances from his neighbours before walking up to the doorman for an entry request. To whom he was interrogated.

FRANCIS' POV.

"Good Afternoon, Francis. Its 4:00 pm, arent you planning to rest early today?"

The doorman greeted me with such bubbliness, doesnt he get tired of talking to the same people over and over again?

"Mmm.. no. I need to buy groceries."

"Ah, so an entry request. Got it!"

I watched this man scramble quickly for a blank entry request before he wrote on it. I watched him loudly stamp on the D.D.D. logo before slipping it over to me.

"Here you go, Francis. Goodluck with your groceries!"

"Thankyou.."

Hm, I never really said the doorman's name yet have I? I looked at his nametag before reading it out loud.

"...Fin."

Fin smiled at me as I walked out of the building, folding the entry request so I could fit it in my pocket as I crossed the road.

The store was just a few blocks away, I might as well get some exercise, the thing which I rarely even think of.

THIRD PERSON POV.

Francis quickly bought and brought the groceries back to his apartment, which for him was a little change in his routine since it was a weekday. He checked his watch, 5:08pm. Time really passed by that fast?

Francis interracted with the doorman, Fin, again before heading towards the lobby and into the elevator. He placed his groceries down on the elevator's cold metal floors before sighing to himself, wanting to get this day over and done with.

But that was when another person entered the same room. (the elevator in this case.) A familiar person to be exact. The familiar coloured suit, the familiar moustache, and the familiar expensive scent of cologne.

Francis looked slightly up and towards his side, where the familiar man stood. Though he quickly looked away when brief eye contact was made, followed by a small cough then a familiar voice.

"Uhm, you're off from work too?"