Chapter No. 1

Angus’s POV.

Angus woke up early as usual for work. He never needed an alarm to wake himself since his body clock was used to the 7:30 a.m. time he woke up on almost every day of the week. Angus always takes almost an hour to get ready for work so he makes sure to always wake extra earlier than 9:00 am, which was the time he had to log in his office.

He got up and stretched his back to hear a few relaxing pops. Angus made his way to his shower to bathe and dress himself. He wore his usual attire which was always really formal, consisting of suits, ties, and bucket hats. Though, It was understandable since he did work as a businessman.

Before continuing his walk towards the building’s lobby, he quickly checked through the calendar on his wall and noticed he had an important meeting with his colleagues later on in the day. He sighed deeply, knowing he’ll have to deal with such idiots again.

He let go of the calendar and got out of his apartment, locking it and praying that no doppelgangers would be let in his home whilst he was out.

Angus took the elevator that was on his floor and pressed the button that would bring him to the lobby. But ofcourse, the elevator had to go through every floor before going down to the lobby. This wasnt much of a hastle for Angus since every floor he was brought to, no one was there to enter the elevator. But when he reached the third floor of the building and the metal doors began to close, Angus had to hold the door when he heard soft yelling coming from the hallways. He held the elevator doors for this man in a white button up and hat that walked in and stood beside him.

The man in white said a quiet thank you but Angus did not hear it at all. He was taking multiple glances at the man, noticing his uniform. The hat had “Milk Man” written on it with bold black letters, which told Angus what his job was. But other than that, he also noticed the man’s dark eyebags, which made him look like he was tired and sleepy. His slicked back hair beneath his hat, his cute nose crook, his overall pretty fa-

“Please don’t stare.”

The man snapped Angus out of his stare, which made him feel embarrased and look like a creep. He probably didn’t notice himself turning red from shame.

“Im sorry, I got distracted”

Angus tried to think of an excuse for his staring, but failed to make a normal one.

“Your.. uh, bow is crooked.”

“Oh, sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry.”

A *very* awkward silence ensues while they both wait for the elevator to arrive at the lobby.

Francis’s POV.

Francis woke up late for the first time because he forgot to set his alarm the night before. He usually woke up at around 6:00 am and left by 6:30 am since he had to deliver his customer’s milk cartons as early as possible.

But today, Francis woke up at 8:00 am. He slept in and was most likely about to get yelled at by some inconsiderate customers. He groaned to himself as he carried his miserable, tired self towards the shower. He didn't even bother to eat breakfast because he was as late enough as it is.

Although, he did feed his cat, Pickles, before dressing himself in his usual uniform. White button up, black trousers, and simple dress shoes.

He put on his hat and bow hastily before walking out his apartment and began running towards the elevator on his floor. Luckily enough, he saw the big metal doors of the elevator coming up on his floor at the other end of the hallway, only for it to begin closing.

Francis cursed himself internally as he began to run faster, not wanting to wait a few minutes before the elevator would go down to the lobby and up to his floor again. He yelled for whoever was inside to “Hold the door please!” as he ran a few more steps before finally getting in.

He said a brief thankyou to the man inside, to which he was ignored. He honestly didn't care, since this was the first time he saw this unfamiliar man.

Not until Francis felt this man take multiple glances at him for long periods of time, which made him a little uncomfortable. He decided to call him out, since Francis was usually the confrontational type.

This man, who Francis now noticed had a moustache, said a brief apology saying that he only noticed that his bow was crooked.

“Your.. uh, bow is crooked.”

“Oh, sorry.”

“Don’t be.”

Francis awkwardly fixed his bow, a little embarrassed that he thought the man was staring at him for something else.

A very awkward silence occured before they finally reached the complex’s lobby. To which Francis almost ran out the elevator until he realised that he had good manners.

He faced this man who wore purple and bowed his head quickly whilst his lips were pressed together almost like a smile, as if a form of goodbye before he walked towards the window near the exit. Francis quickly asked for an entry request from the doorman for when he gets back home, so he won't be confused for a doppelganger.

Francis waited for the doorman to write all the necessary information on this piece of paper before stamping the D.D.D. logo on and giving it to him.

He quickly walked out of the building, got in his car, and drove off. Internally, he was still a little nauseous by how fast he got through his morning. And that awkward interraction with the man from the elevator that pointed out his crooked bow, made him even more miserable inside as he drove towards his first milk delivery.