Chapter No. 2

Angus's POV.

I watched this strange man almost trip over himself when the elevator doors opened, trying to get out as soon as possible. I could tell that he was in a hurry, so I tried not to laugh. Although it was really hard to contain. But surprisingly he stopped in his tracks and faced me. He looked at me with his dark, tired eyes and bowed his head slightly before running off to talk to the doorman. I think he meant that as a goodbye?

I found myself smiling with the thought of such an odd man, as his strangeness made him a little adorable. The way some strands of his hair fell over his face once he looked up again after his nod, the way he was catching himself after everytime he almost tripped, something about him made me want to talk and be friends with him.

My nose scoffed as I still smiled, but I was snapped out of my trance when the lady that passed in front of me side-eyed me. I think I creeped her out with how I smiled, since I knew that most of my neighbours never really liked my smile for some reason. But I noticed that she was also staring forward with one eye while looking at me with her other eye, so I shrugged it off and began to walk towards the doorman's window.

"Good-morning, Mr. Ciprianni." I hear the doorman greet me as I walked in front of his window.

"Good-morning, could I please get an entry request?"

"Sure thing, give me a minute. For work as a businessman, right?"

I nodded while watching him take a piece of paper from a drawer, writting information quickly before stamping on the D.D.D. logo. He did it all so hastily, but I guess you could expect that when everyone in the building are required to get these requests before leaving. Although it's really important for the doppelgangers protocol, it could get really repetitive. Sometimes I imagine what it would be like if this world had none of these creatures, maybe everything would be so much easier.

"Here you go, Mr. Ciprianni. Have a good day and drive safe."

I take the paper from the slip beneath the window before walking off. I got in my car, starting it's engine and driving to my office. But I keep remembering that man from the elevator, specially with how awkward the tension was with him in the elevator. He probably thinks I'm a creep! That's so embarrasing. I've never really seen him before though, did he move in recently?

Francis's POV.

I cursed myself while I drove to my deliveries. Not only was that interraction with the man from the elevator awkward and embarrasing, I called him out for the totally wrong thing. I thought he was a creep, staring at me from head to toe. But turns out he was just concerned about my crooked bow. Which was a little sweet of him too. Ive never really seen him before though, so this would count as a first impression too. He probably thinks I'm a weirdo, fuck.

I spent the rest of my day extra dismissive of my customers, since I was already in a bad enough mood. Everytime I think of that interraction, I feel my face heat up to which some of my customers would point out. I just want to get this day over with.

Third Person POV.

Finishing the rest of his deliveries, Francis drives back home immediately. He only had a few deliveries today, which allowed him to call it a day earlier than usual. Typically, he get's back home at 6pm. But he checked his watch to see that he was 2 hours earlier today. Maybe thanks to the short destinations of the customers he had to deliver to, and the less than 20 deliveries he had to make.

Francis continued driving while day-dreaming about sleeping early today, although we both know he won't be able to do that even if he wanted to. He eventually got to the buildings parking lot and got out of his car. He carried his insomniac self towards the entrance and had a brief interraction with the doorman. After, he headed to the elevator as usual and made his way to his apartment.