57

5Kaya’s POV.

When I get to the entrance door to the triplets’ room, I stop in my tracks and take a deep breath.

“It’s going to be tense in there. Pull yourself together.” Inaudibly, I whisper to myself under my breath and push the double handled door inside.

My vision tries to adapt to the dim light inside the room, coming to see the Kyle and Kieran on the bed. They are playing with the pillows and Kade is on the bedside table, stretching his back.

“Kaya, you’re here.” Kyle says, getting unfocused that Kieran hits him on the face with the pillow so hard that he falls down from the bed with his head. I would have pity him if not that he stood back up as though nothing had happened. I almost forget that they are inhumans.

“Have you taken the potion? Is the baby aborted?” Kade approaches me with such audacious gait that I practically shrinker into the air that I’m breathing in.

I shake my head. “I didn’t take it.”

“That physician, Pete...I...”

I am quick to speak. I wouldn’t want to get him into trouble. “No, I decided not to take the potion myself. And never would I. I am going to keep my baby till the day I give birth to them.” I speak with courage, but with each seconds that passes, it diminishes because of fear. I can’t even bring myself to look Kade in the eyes while him on the other hand is towering over me with his tall figure and his eyes focused on my forehead.

“You will go against my command?!”

“I will not apologize for it. That is a creation growing inside me. An art. I would not have it crushed because of some insane sexual pleasure that you want from me.”

Kade steps forward even more, closing all the space between us. His hand has almost gripped my throat before Kyle speaks up. “I agree with Kaya this time around. If she wishes to keep the child, she should. And she would face the consequences. After all, every action has one.”

My eyes dart towards Kyle in the dimness of the room, hoping he doesn’t see that I’m giving him the eye. To hell with him and whatever he means by consequences.

It’s crazy how one moment, they all acted so caring and just from their mother poisoning their minds, they are quick to change into a monster once again.

“Then, she shall keep the baby but keep in mind that only you would watch it alone, cater for it alone, and care for it. It would not in any way stop your work, ease you of your duties. No one would pity you and you’d make do to accomplish every day’s work as a slave in this kingdom.” He speaks with no remorse in his tone. I look into his eyes, even though the darkness wouldn’t allow me read them well, but I see no pity, no love, no care.

How would they not know that they are the father of my child? They must know but ignore the truth. For someone like Kade who proves to be precise and smart, he is stupid.

I want to leave the room once I noticed that the conversation is over but Kade stops me with his words. “where are you off to?”

“The slaves quarters, Master.” I speak with respect even when a larger part of me wants to be sarcastic.

I want to leave here as soon as possible, because I want to be anywhere other than where these guys are. They don’t just irritate me with their presence, but also brings me distress and a rumbling feeling of hatred inside me. They are a dot of black that’s fallen into my piece of white and is spreading through it under the influence of concentration.

“No, not tonight.” When he rejects, one of my brows are raised, and at the same time, he adds, “there is a meeting coming up tomorrow. The four alphas of the north and Luna of the south territories would be here tomorrow on a discussion towards the war.” That’s all he’s offered me, which is a piece of information my brain doesn’t see it’s value as I can’t use it to evaluate why he wants me to sleep here tonight or how it’s of use for me.

I’m still a slave to them whether the meeting holds or not.

Kyle chimes into the conversation, “so, we want you to stay in here throughout tomorrow. The Luna is a very smart woman. She would sniff you out instantly and get to know this secret of...well, that thing in your stomach. We must keep it hidden especially in delicate times like this where it would give a wrong impression to the Alphas.” When he explains, I start to understand.

It’s true. The Alphas would get so annoyed if they are to found out. They would conclude instantly that the triplets aren’t keeping me because of an experiment to know how to control a witch at the peak of their want but that they are keeping me because they have reproduce the existence of a being with me.

It’s actually a dangerous thing, when you think of it. Wait, it’s a massively unbelievably risk that they are taking.

The child inside me would be an hybrid, and they are beings frowned upon. There would be hell unleashed on earth if they are to know that it’s not just any hybrid but one formed by a witch and three powerful wolves.

They would believe the triplets to be their greatest enemies ever as that means they are about to alter the very reason why werewolves overthrowns the other creatures in this world. They want to be rulers. It would be a dirt to have a werewolf who also have a witch’s power. It would give the vibe of utter betrayal and utmost sense of hypocrisy.

Now that I think of it, I see why Emilie wants this baby dead. Oh, my heavens.

Scanning the room, the movement of my eyes stops at the scanning of a couch in the distance. I go there and lie my head. The brothers are still awake but I close my eyes and push myself deep into a imagination of peace till I lose my consciousness.

***

The rays of the sun shines onto my face, causing a discomfort that awakens me from my deep slumber. My arms hurt when I sit up. I must’ve slept on my neck too because it hurts.

Jeez. My whole body aches and it’s annoying. Suddenly, I stop when I notice something is odd. The triplets aren’t in the room and it’s surprising that they did not wake me up to do any chores for them before they left.

Anyway, I know I must keep the room tidy up because it’s rough and I begin that. Not long after, I am done and I go to the balcony where the sun shines directly onto my skin.

It’s not very harsh as before because of the cold weather, so I close my eyes and inhale the crispiness in the air. It’s a wonder. This life is beautiful if all these primitive beings aren’t there to disturb the peace...and this utopia of a creation.

My smile deprives softly as my stomach growls from hunger.

I jab my arms around when I remember that I can’t go outside. What do I do? I am hungry and it’s discomforting. Grabbing my stomach, slamming my frame into the bed, I sniff the air as though there’s any aroma inside it.

Or maybe I could just sneak into the first kitchen. It isn’t a royal kitchen, so no one would notice me and inform the triplets that they saw me or anything of the sort. I’d be in and out like a puff, and at the same time, I’d have food to eat.

My legs are a quick mechanism to reaching the door and opening it, my head is the first to peep through the small space.

“Okay, it seems safe.”

Hurriedly, I make my way through the path till I arrive in the kitchen and even crazy that I’m already out of there with two breads and a handful of peanut butter. Yes, I know it’s nasty to have it in my hands like that, but well, it’s not like I had a better choice or so.

I’m humming to myself, as I walk back inside the room and smear the butter into the bed. I’ve just taken a bite when I hear a sound.

When I turn to my back, I’m in shock such that the bread falls from my hold, and I’m staring at the sight in front of the stranger in front of me.

“Hello, my name is Death.” My lens dilates at the light surfacing past the edge of the sharp knife in his hand.