68

68

3RD POV.

The wood suffers from the powers of the witch, the trees are broken, and nature has fallen into imbalance. In the middle of the hurt are the brothers. Kade groans as his hands rub his head and he sits up. He’s still trying to recover from the effect of the push from Kaya when he sees the armies coming their way.

Their cries heighten his senses, and hastily, he alarms the connection between him and his brothers, calling them to consciousness too.

“What the fuck happened?” Kyle whines as he grabs a nearby branch to stand up before he notices their enemies coming for them. They have successfully ambushed their kingdom, and the brothers are stunned. It has never happened before.

They are losing, and more importantly, they’ve lost another part of them, a part of their being, Kaya.

“Stand with me, brothers.” Hastily, Kade calls Kieran’s and Kyle’s attention. The both of them hurry to join Kade, positioning their backs against his. A few of their men, who are still alive in the aftermath of Kaya’s invincible push, also prepared themselves for the attack.

The brothers hurl into the wind, soaking in the powers of the moon right before the attack commenced.

Quickly, Kade has dashed into the scene, cutting any limbs that he could before he’d use his fangs to tear off the arteries that, unfortunately, get sucked into his mouth, and then he’d leave his victim’s body gushing out blood as they look up at the moon right before death knocks on their door.

Screams fill the air. Kieran and Kyle aren’t backing down either. In fact, they enjoy the thrill of the kill. They love how easily they capture their victims. How they yank their heart out of their chest, throwing it into the face of another, disassembling the other before then, then disassembling someone’s body parts.

Kade, on the other hand, also uses his alpha aura, commanding some of his victims to even fight on his behalf. He’s turning the soldiers of the other pack against one another.

By the time the menacing sound of roars finishes in the air, many are dead. Only the triplets and two of their men remain. And little did they know that that was only phase one.

“We need to get out of here. It’s too open for us to be attacked. We must get back inside the palace.” Kade tells his brothers, and while they proceed on that, Kieran quickly mind-links Chester.

“Where are you?” His tone is hasty and hurried.

Without wasting Kieran’s time, Chester quickly replies too. “My Lord, at the battle field. We aren’t seeing you. Should I be worried?”

Kieran scoffs at his tease. Chester knows better than to be worried about the triplets. He should rather be worried about himself and their subjects in battle. And also the protection of people in the lower town and royalties.

Before Kieran could say anything, more war chants soars into the wind before the revelation of more men from the five neighboring packs.

“Oh, fuck...” Mumbles Kyle. He fixates on a fighting stance once again, as does Kade.

Just before Kieran cuts off the link, he commands Chester, “I need you to track Kaya for me. She’s been taken by Olivia. As soon as you know where she is, inform me.”

And the war begins again. The brothers go another round, leaving pools of blood on the ground beneath. The blood of these men washes the earth as though that would be the end of sin and suffering. As though their sacrifice was worth anything.

Indeed, it doesn’t stop anything because more would still die in the same spot once again in the future. The killing cycle won’t end. At least, not until there’s a balance.