Chapter 3

"Oh my lord she's here! Thank God." I raised an eyebrow at Jess who jumped over the bar and ran to me, her petite frame wrapping around me.

"Please, don't flatter yourself Jesse, if anything she came back for me." Trent winked as he walked in with his equipment and grinned. This was the usual routine, Jess couldn't stand when I left her alone with Trent at our jobs, he was always busy as the DJ or the security bouncers.

Trent began setting up his laptop and winked at a glaring Jess. His styled hair brushed back by his fingers. Jess was eyeing the man, and I rolled my eyes at their relationship.

"I was gone for two days and it's as if I abandoned you in purgatory." I mused and headed behind the bar to tuck my bag at the back of the club, our personnel had private lockers for when we got real busy.

"You know he does it on purpose. I need to stake my claim! But you left me working the west and east wing both nights, I mean thank you for the hours but damn, some help is great too."

I fixed my tight black tank top and leather pants before preparing my station. Jess and I were the fastest and most experienced for the west and east wing, these were the bars that counted more tips and more customers.

"You can't say you missed me?" I feigned hurt as Jess rolled her eyes and went to clean her bar and prepare.

"Speaking of missing, has he called? You know Ephraim?" I smiled at her and she waved me away. Jess, Trent and some of my co-workers were the only ones who knew about Ephraim, we were private but I trusted my family at the bar.

"He surprised me Saturday night." Jess squealed and I had to hush her as Trent and Johnny, one of our entrance bouncers who had just walked in looked over at us. I shook my head as Jess grinned.

"Tell me everything. You slept with him. Oh yes! Details!" Jess was very outspoken and she could've been a little nosy but she was a storm not to be reckon with.

Blowing some hair from my face I told her the details as we set up our bars and greeted the rest of tonight's workers, Jess seemed to be hating Ephraim by the second.

"I don't understand. Why can't he blow off work another damn day and just stay with you? He just stays one night and leaves, doesn't that bother you?" I focused on wiping the shot glasses instead of answering her. I didn't want to push my luck with his schedule and I did think it was strange for work to be calling him but he did mention he was called in many times for business.

"I mean, which business does he work in again?" Jess asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I think it's up north, I'm not sure." I lied. Before she could get another word out I raised a hand. "Look, I know it's odd but it works. We're both busy anyway, I trust him. That's all we need."

Jess sighed and muttered something under her breath while throwing her towel over her shoulder. "As long as you have Honesty and Trust. It just sucks he can't stay longer with you." She pouted. I smiled at her and was about to comment when my name was called.

"Marina! How was your weekend off sweetheart?" Robert asked. I looked at my boss and owner of the club as his warm embrace engulfed me. Robert was a fifty year old man who owned this club for twenty four years, he was so kind and protective with us but when others got on his bad side, you best leave.

"Great. Thanks for that." He pulled back and I smiled as I caught Sheila sanding behind him. His wife was such a wonderful woman, her kindness and sweetness always making us feel loved.

"My girls! You're both looking radiant tonight. Come give me a kiss." Jess ran up to her with wide arms and kissed her cheek, I followed right after. "Trent, my boy, come down and greet me before I drag you down by the ear. You too Johnny." The guys grumbled at the comment but warmly saluted Sheila.