Chapter 14

"I won't say it was something to forgive as much but, I don't think you're considering his job dolce cuore." I threw my towel at Darius and continued ignoring him while running on the treadmill.

He appeared in front of the machine and gave me a glare, mine wasn't fazing him anymore so I increased the speed of the machine since I was pushing my muscles beyond their limit.

"What does that matter?! I was his girl-well, lover or whatever...he says he loves me and wants me to trust him but I find him fucking another chick and I'm supposed to be okay with that?" I scoffed, Darius had came to find me this afternoon after last night, apparently everyone had heard about this.

Darius sighed deeply as his phone rang. "Excuse me." He began speaking in Italian when he answered, his eyes narrowed as he paced around the gym to the point where he was cursing for certain. I continued running since the gym was packed with men and I wasn't done exerting my body.

Dante had just walked in wearing slacks and a dress shirt, looking around until he found me.

"What are you doing here? Thought you worked out after hours." I said huffing in exhaustion, just what I wanted; another lecture.

"You've been here for hours, you need to stop. You're going to faint. Again." He said and pushed the stop button on the machine, I nearly collapsed if it weren't for Dante' arms catching me. Darius had just ended the call and walked back over to me.

"I need to have a word with her." My legs were trembling as I was transferred to Darius' arms, being carried out of the gym, Dante right at our side.

"Haven't you've taken his side enough?" I yelled and fought his grip.

Darius sighed without looking at me, and carried me up the stairs. "Dan, I have this. Go."

With a glare Dante paused and looked at me sadly, Darius kept walking as Dante reluctantly turned away. My heart raced as Darius entered my room and sat me down on the bed.

"Your clothing is packed, take a bath and I'll bring something for you to eat before we leave." He said and looked at me with slight annoyance.

"Wha- why? What's going on? Why is my stuff packed?" My heart clenched in hope and despair as Darius cursed and paced the room.

He stopped and stared at me. "Ephraim is letting you go, you got what you wanted." His words were shocking and somewhat liberating as I absorbed the information, but, the harsh tone it was delivered in caught me off guard.

"Why are you upset?" I asked as he threw a towel at me and towered over me.

"You leave and he won't ever bother you again unless you break the silent agreement you'd need to sign in order to walk away. Our world needs to be hidden but, you need to know you won't find us unless we want to find you." He paused and seemed to analyze me, "you have the option of staying. If you would just stop being so closed minded maybe you could understand why he chose your safety towards a cartel' wife who wanted Ephraim as her lover. Maybe, if you weren't so important to him he would've just let her find you in the estate and have you killed right there. Unlike what he had to do to keep her men from finding you, we took them out before they did because of Ephraim."

I was stunned at Darius' words, watching him answer a knock on the door as a man delivered some papers and Darius dismissed him and tossed the papers on the coffee table. I stared at the sheets and glanced at him.

"Sign the papers where you agree to keep our "business" and information about Ephraim and us to yourself from any police or law enforcement as well as any other individual. Then you'd be delivered back home with no worries, unless you decide to break omertà -the agreement- and say something about us. And believe me, we will know." Darius finished and left without a word.

Was he being a bîtch about this? Really? I didn't cheat on someone I loved. What the fück?!

"It's his fücking fault this is happening!" I yelled out and exhaled roughly.

I was actually conflicted with the situation. Had Ephraim really done those things for me? Did he really clean up a mess that could've cost my life?

"Stop it. Stop it." I hissed to myself and gripped my head. Was I really considering my freedom against a mafia boss? I must be out my mind.

With a huff I shook my thoughts away, grabbed the pen and read the papers. It was only a signature, it was for the best.

With a heavy heart I signed the papers and headed to the bathtub, I was doing the right thing...