Chapter 110: The Fox

Han Li had already read the contents of the letter several times. It wasn't overly complicated, simply stating that the bearer, Han Li, was Doctor Mo's closed-door disciple and could be fully trusted. If the Mo Mansion faced any troubles, Han Li could resolve them. As long as Han Li ensured the safety of everyone in the Mo Mansion, Madame Yan could choose one of her three daughters to marry him, with the dowry specified as the "Warm Sun Jade." As for Doctor Mo himself, he claimed to have important matters to attend to and couldn't return to reunite with his wife and daughters, urging Madame Yan not to worry.

Though Han Li didn't find anything disadvantageous to himself in the letter, he knew that Doctor Mo must have manipulated it in some way. However, since he couldn't figure out the intricacies of the letter and wanted to establish contact with the Mo Mansion as soon as possible, he had no choice but to reluctantly hand the letter over to Madame Yan. Therefore, he paid extra attention to Madame Yan's every move, hoping she wouldn't suddenly detect something suspicious in the letter and turn against him to avenge Doctor Mo.

Fortunately, the worst-case scenario Han Li feared didn't occur. After Madame Yan finished reading the letter, she merely furrowed her brows, her expression filled with concern and indecision, as if facing a difficult decision.

"Huan'er, go and call Second Sister, Third Sister, and Fifth Sister. Tell them there's news about their father!" Madame Yan instructed Mo Caihuan with an authoritative tone.

"Yes, Mother! I'll go now." Mo Caihuan understood the seriousness of the situation and obediently left the room. However, just before leaving, she flashed a smirk at Han Li, showing some interest in him.

"Are you Han Li?" Madame Yan lifted her head, her expression turning elegant and refined.

"Yes, Mother Master!" Han Li answered honestly.

"Can you tell me how my husband accepted you as his disciple?" Madame Yan smiled gently.

"Yes, Mother Master." Han Li hesitated for a moment but then decided that there was no need to conceal the process of Doctor Mo accepting him as a disciple. He recounted the story, mixing truth with falsehood. He omitted any information that couldn't be disclosed to Madame Yan and embellished certain aspects. However, even with these alterations, Madame Yan listened intently, seemingly enjoying the tale.

"...And that's how, three months ago, Doctor Mo, burdened with important matters, couldn't spare the time to meet me personally. However, he didn't want to leave the Mo Mansion for too long, fearing trouble from enemies, so he sent me ahead to the mansion to await the instructions of the Madams."

"What important matters does my husband have? How could he not even return home first?" Madame Yan sighed after hearing Han Li's story, her voice tinged with sorrow.

"What home? Doctor Mo has been dead for almost two years now, and his body buried under a tree has turned to bones!" Han Li's tone contained a hint of self-mockery as he replied earnestly, "I'm not sure what matters Doctor Mo is dealing with, but they must be of utmost importance."

"Hmph! Is it because your master told you to keep secrets from us?" Madame Yan said with a hint of dissatisfaction, though she seemed to be half-joking.

"Absolutely not!" Han Li denied, inwardly amused by Madame Yan's suspicious nature.

Madame Yan seemed unwilling to let go and was about to ask something else when footsteps outside interrupted them. A coquettish voice rang out before anyone entered the room.

"Fourth Sister, I heard there's news about Father! Is it true? That scoundrel has been gone for over ten years, leaving us sisters to fend for ourselves!"

Han Li was taken aback by the flirtatious voice and its content. "This lady is quite bold," he thought.

"Watch your words, there are others present in the room!" Another slightly hoarse voice reprimanded sternly.

"I know! But I heard the messenger is Father's excellent disciple! Could he still be an imposter? What do you think, Fifth Sister?" The flirtatious voice laughed lightly.

"No, if Fourth Sister called us here, it means she trusts this person at least seventy to eighty percent." A cold voice replied.

"That's true. Fourth Sister's discerning eye is admirable!" The flirtatious voice chuckled, either sarcastically or genuinely praising Madame Yan.

Han Li stole a glance at Madame Yan and saw her pressing her temples with one hand, wearing an expression of helplessness. It seemed she also found the owner of the flirtatious voice quite troublesome.

Finally, the door was pushed open, and several beautiful women entered the room. Mo Caihuan followed behind them, her lips pursed in a pout, seemingly sulking.

The woman at the forefront appeared to be in her early thirties, with a graceful and dignified demeanor. She exuded an air of scholarly refinement, suggesting that she might have been a talented woman in her youth.

Han Li nodded silently and then shifted his gaze to the woman in her mid-twenties standing in the middle.

As soon as Han Li saw her face clearly, his head buzzed, and he lost focus for a moment, completely entranced by her beauty. This woman was even more stunning than Mo Yuzhu, whom he had seen during the day, and possessed a charm that Mo Yuzhu couldn't match. If there were truly fox spirits in this world, Han Li would have no doubt believed that she was one.

As Han Li was dazed and unable to think clearly, a surge of cold energy suddenly rushed out from his dantian, circled through his meridians, and cleared his mind, allowing him to regain his composure immediately.

Shocked, Han Li dared not look at the woman again and hurriedly lowered his head to avoid her gaze.

"This woman's beauty is too enchanting, capable of bewitching anyone who sees her! I wonder if it's just her extraordinary appearance or if she's also practiced some kind of mesmerizing technique." Han Li thought to himself.

The woman noticed Han Li's initial infatuation, but when he quickly regained his senses and actively avoided her gaze, a hint of curiosity flickered in her eyes.