Chapter 134: Ascension Conference

"What's the Ascension Conference?" Wu Jiuzhi suddenly asked, echoing the question that had been lingering in Han Li's mind.
Han Li had heard the name "Ascension Conference" mentioned several times, starting from Wan Xiaoshan, but he hadn't had the chance to learn more about it. "Could it be another trading event like the Southern Exposition?" Han Li pondered silently.

"It can't be! You don't even know about the Ascension Conference? It's held once every ten years in Yueguo, and it's the best opportunity for all young cultivators to join the major sects," said Heimu, somewhat astonished and excited.

"Wu Brother is so young, he must have been cultivating in other places and didn't know about the Ascension Conference. It's understandable," the Daoist Qingwen said calmly, without much surprise.

"Oh! Can you tell us about it? Joining one of the Seven Major Sects is like reaching the heavens!" Wu Jiuzhi suddenly became interested and eagerly asked Heimu.

"Isn't it time to discuss the issue of the missing cultivators among us, rather than talking about the Ascension Conference?" Mrs. Huping said somewhat discontentedly, perhaps targeting the young man.

"It's all right. It's good to tell Wu Brother about it. Maybe there are others who aren't familiar with the details of the Ascension Conference," Daoist Qingwen said with a smile, but Han Li felt like he was being scrutinized by the Daoist, intentionally or unintentionally.

Han Li's heart skipped a beat. Had this Daoist Qingwen noticed something? He had already tried to blur the characteristics of a novice cultivator as much as possible and avoided contact with these people as much as possible, but it seemed that he couldn't hide from this person's eyes. This Daoist Qingwen's eyes were really sharp!

"Since Daoist Qingwen said so, I'll tell Wu Brother about it," Heimu said with renewed enthusiasm, seeming to have something to share.

So everyone sat back in their original seats, except for the fat man, Huang Xiaotian.

"I know a lot about the Ascension Conference. I'll tell you about it," Heimu began, and for nearly an hour, everyone listened intently, especially Wu Jiuzhi, who seemed to be gaining a lot. Han Li, who was listening beside him, also benefited greatly, gaining a deeper understanding of the world of cultivation.

"If I can succeed in the challenge, won't I also become a disciple of one of the major sects?" Wu Jiuzhi, after listening, showed a look of yearning.

"Dream on! With your level, if you dare to challenge the platform, you'll end up injured or dead!" Mrs. Huping couldn't help but sneer at Wu Jiuzhi's daydreaming.

"Why? Am I not good enough? Isn't reaching the eighth layer of cultivation enough to qualify for the challenge?" Wu Jiuzhi didn't get angry this time, but instead earnestly asked Mrs. Huping for advice.

Mrs. Huping was somewhat surprised, but after hesitating for a moment, she said, "Wu Kid, do you know what kind of people won the championship last year? How many cultivators of your level were injured or killed in the challenge?"

"I'd like to ask Mrs. Huping for advice!" Wu Jiuzhi said earnestly.

"In that Ascension Conference, I witnessed the whole process of the final battle, and now I'm still terrified to think about it," Mrs. Huping seemed to recall something terrifying, her face turning pale.

Seeing this, her husband quickly put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. Mrs. Huping looked back at her husband with deep affection, and her complexion softened a lot.

"My husband and I don't plan to participate in the platform challenge, just to watch. We're prepared to stay in the Foundation Establishment stage for the rest of our lives. Since you still have ambitions, I'll tell you some of the dangers of the platform challenge, so you won't die for nothing," Mrs. Huping said calmly.